Design of Smart Door Closer System with Image Classification over WLAN
- 24 Downloads
A dual purpose system is presented in this paper which serves not only as a door closer, but is equally effective for surveillance purposes. The currently deployed surveillance systems store a large amount of data, thereby consuming large memory spaces. The novel feature illustrated in this paper is that object identification and classification is performed for a desired area, along with controlled access. This system uses a neural network based learning algorithm before providing any instruction for the hardware. The system is innocuous except when object is identified in the surrounding area through motion detection and facial recognition techniques, thereby preventing large storage of unclassified video frames. In idle conditions, the system will work only as a surveillance system with object detection classifiers. The results can be stored on remote server for backup for security purpose.
KeywordsSmart surveillance Internet of things (IOT) Neural network Image classifier Memory optimization Hydraulic door closer system
- 6.Sruthy, S., & George, S. (2017). WiFi enabled home security surveillance system using Raspberry Pi and IoT module. In IEEE international conference on signal processing, informatics, communication and energy systems (SPICES). https://doi.org/10.1109/spices.2017.8091320
- 8.Rawat, A., Deb, D., Rawat, V., & Joshi, D. (2019). Methods and systems for data rate based peripheral security. No. 201721005324 A, Pub Date: February 24, 2017. India.Google Scholar
- 9.Othman, N., & Aydin, I. (2017). A new IoT combined body detection of people by using computer vision for security application. In 9th international conference on computational intelligence and communication networks (CICN). https://doi.org/10.1109/cicn.2017.8319366
- 11.Jara Ramos, G., Sanchez Garcia, J., & Ponomariov, V. (2015). Embedded system for real-time person detecting in infrared images/videos using super-resolution and Haar-like feature techniques. In 12th international conference on electrical engineering, computing science and automatic control (CCE). https://doi.org/10.1109/iceee.2015.7357980.
- 16.Deb, D., Rawat, A., Khanna, N., Agrawal, S., & Radadia, H. (2019). Smart imperceptible door closing systems with integrated monitoring devices. No. 201721021291 A, Pub Date: June 30, 2017. India.Google Scholar