Cryptanalysis and Improvement of Batch Verification Certificateless Signature Scheme for VANETs
- 12 Downloads
Vehicular ad hoc networks (VANETs) has been paid more and more attention by the researchers and industry. Recently, Bayat et al. proposed a secure authentication scheme of VANETs with batch verification. Based on the computational Diffie–Hellman (CDH) assumption, they claimed that their scheme was secure. Unfortunately, we find that the scheme presented by Bayat et al. is insecure in their security model. It cannot resist the adversary attack so that a malicious vehicle can forge arbitrarily legal vehicle’s signature on any message. We give a concrete attack process. Furthermore, we provide a batch verification certificateless signature scheme for VANETs. Based on the CDH assumption, we prove that the presented scheme is secure against adaptively chosen message attack in the random oracle model. The performance analysis shows that our scheme is more suitable for realistic applications.
KeywordsCryptanalysis Certificateless signature Batch verification Vehicular ad hoc networks
This work was supported in part by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (U1736112, 61772009, 61972095), Jiangsu Provincial Natural Science Foundation of China (BK20161511), Jiangsu Key Laboratory of Big Data Security and Intelligent Processing, NJUPT.
- 5.Zhang, C., Lu, R., Lin, X., Ho, P.-H., & Shen, X. (2008). An efficient identity-based batch verification scheme for vehicular sensor networks. In: The 27th IEEE communications society conference on computer communications (INFOCOM 2008) (pp. 816–824).Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang, J., Xu, M., & Liu, L. (2014). On the security of a secure batch verification with group testing for VANET. International Journal of Network Security,16(5), 355–362.Google Scholar
- 13.Al-Riyami, S. S., & Paterson, K. G. (2003). Certificateless public key cryptography. In Advances in cryptology-ASIACRYPT 2003 (pp. 452–473). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 14.Shamir, A. (1984). A identity-based cryptosystems and signature schemes. In Advances in cryptology-Crypto’84 (pp. 47–53). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 26.Li, J., Li, Y., & Zhang, Y. (2013). Forward secure certificateless proxy signature scheme. In J. Lopez, X. Huang, & R. Sandhu (Eds.), NSS 2013, LNCS (Vol. 7873, pp. 350–364).Google Scholar
- 28.Boneh, D., & Franklin, M. (2001). Identity-based encryption from the Weil pairing. In Advances in cryptology—CRYPTO 2001 (pp. 213–229). Berlin; Springer.Google Scholar
- 29.Pointcheval, D., & Stern, J. (1996). Security proofs for signature schemes. In Advances in cryptology—EUROCRYPT’96 (pp. 387–398). Berlin; Springer.Google Scholar