Design and Analysis of a Wavelet Packet Modulation Based Differential Chaos Shift Keying Communication System
- 9 Downloads
In this paper, a new multicarrier based DCSK system that is combined a wavelet packet modulation (WPM) with differential chaos shift keying (DCSK) and named WPM–DCSK is proposed. WPM–DCSK system is an extension of orthogonal frequency division multiplexing OFDM–DCSK system that aims to replace the fast Fourier transform in OFDM system with wavelet packet transform and improves the spectral efficiency by removing the cyclic prefix and reduced the complexity by using real operation instead of complex operation. WPM–DCSK system has all the benefit of OFDM–DCSK and furthermore improves the limitations and drawbacks of it. The data rate improvement, the energy saving improvement and data-energy- to-bit-energy-ratio factors are derived and compared with DCSK and OFDM–DCSK systems. The validity of the derived analytic expression of the bit error rate of the proposed system is confirmed by the simulation under an additive white Gaussian noise channel.
KeywordsDifferential chaos shift keying Wavelet packet modulation DCSK Non-coherent chaos communication High data rate
The authors wish to express their sincere gratitude to the department of computer engineering in the electrical engineering technical college, Baghdad, Iraq, which supported this work.
- 9.Yang, H., & Jiang, G.-P. (2012). High-efficiency differential-chaos-shift-keying scheme for chaos-based noncoherent communication. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems,59(5), 312–316.Google Scholar
- 10.Yang, H., Jiang, G.-P., & Duan, J. (2014). Phase-separated DCSK: a simple delay-component-free solution for chaotic communications. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems,61(12), 967–971.Google Scholar
- 11.Kaddoum, G., Soujeri, E., Arcila, C., & Eshteiwi, K. (2015). I-DCSK: an improved non-coherent communication system architecture. IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems,62, 901–905.Google Scholar
- 16.Gautier, M., Arndt, M., & Lienard, J. (2007). Efficient wavelet packet modulation for wireless communication. In: IEEE the third advanced international conference on telecommunications (AICT07).Google Scholar
- 17.Baro, M., & Ilow, J. (2007). PAPR reduction in wavelet packet modulation using tree pruning. In: Vehicular technology conference VTC2007-Spring, 1756–1760, Dublin.Google Scholar