Neighbor Dependency-Based Dynamic Fusion Tree Generation for a Multi-radar System
- 22 Downloads
This paper proposes a fusion tree generation (FTG) algorithm for a two-tier fusion process in a multi-radar system. The two-tier fusion process divides the fusion process into local and global parts. The fusion workload of a multi-radar system at the central server can be reduced by applying two-tier approach. However, the two-tier fusion process requires a balanced fusion tree to increase the number of processed tracks. This paper presents a dynamic fusion tree generation (D-FTG) algorithm based on a clustering scheme. We developed a novel clustering scheme, which can be used in generating balanced fusion trees in a multi-radar system. The developed clustering scheme is able to generate a balanced fusion tree with the neighbor dependency-based scoring method, manage the dynamic changes of the distribution of targets with the pruning-and-rejoining strategy, and cope with the failure of radar nodes by repeating initial clustering. Simulation results show that D-FTG outperforms existing clustering methods when used to generate balanced fusion trees in a dynamic multi-radar system.
KeywordsAir surveillance system Clustering Fusion tree Multi-sensor tracking Two-tier fusion process
- 2.Neil, W. D. O. & Mcnair, F. L. J. (2007). The cooperative engagement capability (CEC) transforming naval anti-air warfare. Case Studies in National Security Transformation. http://www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?Location=U2&doc=GetTRDoc.pdf&AD=ADA471258.
- 3.Kopp, C. (2003). Network centric warfare in the Land Environment. Defense TODAY Magazine, 8, 1–5.Google Scholar
- 4.Masinsin, R. Q. (2000). The single integrated air picture: Building synergy for theater air and missile defense?. Quantico, VA: Marine Corps Command and Staff College.Google Scholar
- 5.Martin, T. W., & Chang, K. C. (2005). A distributed data fusion approach for mobile ad hoc networks. In: 2005 7th international conference on information fusion (pp. 1062–1069). https://doi.org/10.1109/icif.2005.1591975.
- 6.Yeun, K., Jun, T.J., & Kim, D. (2016). Distributed self-organized cluster-based fusion tree generation algorithm. In: 2016 International conference on control, decision and information technologies (CoDIT) (pp. 198–203). https://doi.org/10.1109/codit.2016.7593560.
- 9.Kim, Y., & Bang, H. (2015). Airborne multisensor management for multitarget tracking. In: 2015 International conference on unmanned aircraft systems (ICUAS) (pp. 751–756). https://doi.org/10.1109/icuas.2015.7152358.
- 10.Cheng, T., & Chen, S. (2014). Flexible fusion structure for air task networks. In: 2014 International conference on multisensor fusion and information integration for intelligent systems (MFI) (pp. 1–6). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 15.Nayyar, A., & Gupta, A. (2014). A comprehensive review of cluster-based energy efficient routing protocols in wireless sensor networks. IJRCCT,3, 104–110.Google Scholar