Energy-Efficient Power Allocation with Guaranteed QoS Under Imperfect Sensing for OFDM-Based Heterogeneous Cognitive Radio Networks
- 26 Downloads
This paper investigates the energy efficient resource allocation scheme for orthogonal frequency division multiplexing based heterogeneous cognitive radio network (HCRN) under imperfect spectrum sensing scenario with guaranteed quality of service (QoS). The objective of this paper is to maximize the energy efficiency (EE) of the HCRN subject to total transmission power, interference and QoS Constraints. To solve the mixed integer nonlinear programming problem efficiently, the primal problem has been transformed into a linear programming problem by separating the resource allocation scheme into two steps, i.e., subcarrier assignment and power allocation. Consequently an energy efficient power allocation (EEPA) algorithm has been anticipated based on fractional programming and sub-gradient method. Numerical results confirm that the proposed EEPA algorithm can achieve higher EE than conventional equal power allocation method.
KeywordsCognitive radio network Heterogeneous Energy efficiency Power allocation Imperfect sensing QoS
- 1.Federal Communications Commission Spectrum Policy Task Force. (2002). Report of the spectrum efficiency working group. http://www.fcc.gov/sptf/reports.html.
- 2.Mitola, J. (2002). Cognitive radio—an integrated agent architecture for software defined radio: 0474–0474. Stockholm: Royal Institute of Technology.Google Scholar
- 7.Pandit, S., & Singh, G. (2017). Spectrum sensing in cognitive radio networks: potential challenges and future perspective. In Spectrum sharing in cognitive radio networks (pp. 35–75). Cham: Springer International Publishing.Google Scholar
- 9.Suliman, I., Lehtomäki, J., Bräysy, T., & Umebayashi, K. (2009). Analysis of cognitive radio networks with imperfect sensing. In 2009 IEEE 20th international symposium on personal, indoor and mobile radio communications (pp. 1616–1620). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 12.Jung, E., & Liu, X. (2008). Opportunistic spectrum access in heterogeneous user environments. In 3rd IEEE symposium on new frontiers in dynamic spectrum access networks, 2008. DySPAN 2008 (pp. 1–11). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 14.Georgel, G. T., & Jayasheela, M. M. (2013). Performance of OFDM-based cognitive radio. International Journal of Engineering Science Invention, 2(4), 51–57.Google Scholar
- 20.Wang, S., Zhou, Z. H., Ge, M., & Wang, C. (2012). Resource allocation for heterogeneous multiuser OFDM-based cognitive radio networks with imperfect spectrum sensing. In INFOCOM, 2012 proceedings IEEE (pp. 2264-2272). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 25.Wang, Q., Zou, Y., & Zhu, J. (2016). A multi-band power allocation scheme for green energy-efficient cognitive radio networks. In 2016 8th international conference on wireless communications & signal processing (WCSP) (pp. 1–5). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 30.Shi, Y., & Hou, Y. T. (2008). A distributed optimization algorithm for multi-hop cognitive radio networks. In INFOCOM 2008. The 27th conference on computer communications (pp. 1292–1300). IEEE.Google Scholar