A Novel Image Encryption Technique Based on Generalized Advanced Encryption Standard Based on Field of Any Characteristic
- 120 Downloads
The privacy of digital contents is one of the most important issue of the digitally advanced world. The transmission of online information is increasing immensely from last one decade. As the technology evolving with the passage of time, the secrecy of digital information is one of the unavoidable problem. The secrecy of information can be achieved through different encryption algorithms. In this article, our aim is to introduce an innovative technique for an image encryption to extend the advanced encryption standard (AES) to the Galois field of any characteristic. With the new improvement, all four steps in basic algorithm with binary characteristic is modified accordingly. We have extended number of possibilities in our proposed substitution boxes which imply, we added more confusion capabilities and generalized the existing concepts. Moreover, we have applied the anticipated scheme to digital image encryption. We have utilized standard statistical to verify the robustness of our suggested technique for encrypted image.
KeywordsTernary logic Generalization of advanced encryption standard Image encryption
Dr. Majid Khan is thankful to the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan for the financial support under NRPU-vide No. 5944/Federal/NRPU/R&D/HEC/2016. We express our profound sense of gratitude to the Vice Chancellor Dr. Syed Wilayat Hussain, Dean Dr. Iqbal Rasool Memon and Director, Cyber and Information Security Lab (CISL) Dr. Muhammad Amin, Institute of Space Technology, Islamabad Pakistan, for their graciously support and encouragement to make this research possible.
- 2.Announcing the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES). (2000). Federal Information Processing Standards Publication 197 November 26, 2000.Google Scholar
- 4.Krishnamurthy, G. N., & Ramaswamy, V. (2008). Making AES stronger: AES with key dependent S-box. International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, 8(9), 388–398.Google Scholar
- 5.Kawle, P., Hiwase, A., Bagde, G., Tekam, E., & Kalbande, R. (2014). Modified advanced encryption standard. International Journal of Soft Computing and Engineering, 4, 21–23.Google Scholar
- 6.Arpasi, J. P. A brief introduction to ternary logic. https://aymara.org/ternary/ternary.pdf?cv=1. Accessed 6 Aug 2018.
- 22.Khanzadi, H., Omam, M. A., Lotfifar, F., & Eshghi, M. (2010). Image encryption based on gyrator transforms using chaotic maps. In Signal processing (ICSP), 2010 IEEE 10th international conference on (pp. 2608–2612).Google Scholar