Power Control and Inter-node Interference Cancellation in Full-Duplex Networks with Residual Self-Interference
- 25 Downloads
We consider a three-node full-duplex (FD) network, where an FD capable base station serves double mobile nodes operating in half-duplex mode. The self-interference at the base station and the inter-node interference (INI) between the uplink and the downlink nodes in the network are both taken into account. We consider the power control and the base station assisted INI suppression for sum achievable rate maximization subject to the transmit power constraints at the base station and the nodes. By reformulating this non-convex problem and separating it into two independent sub-problems, we propose a search method to solve it. We evaluate the performance of the proposed method in a single-cell scenario. The proposed method significantly outperforms other recently developed methods.
KeywordsFull-duplex Inter-node interference suppression Self-interference Achievable rate
The authors would thank Qingpeng Liang for his helpful advice. This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant Nos. 61531009 and 61471108); the National Major Projects (Grant No. 2016ZX03001009); and the Fundamental Research Funds for the Central Universities.
- 1.Jain, M., Choi, J. I., Kim, T., Bharadia, D., Seth, S., Srinivasan, K., Levis, P., Katti, S., & Sinha, P. (2011). Practical, real-time, full duplex wireless. In Proceedings of the 17th annual international conference on mobile computing and networking (pp. 301–312).Google Scholar
- 11.Cheng, W., Zhang, X., & Zhang, H. (2013, April). Optimal dynamic power control for full-duplex bidirectional-channel based wireless networks. In INFOCOM, 2013 proceedings IEEE (pp. 3120–3128).Google Scholar
- 12.Wang, Y., & Mao, S. (2015, March). Distributed power control in full duplex wireless networks. In 2015 IEEE wireless communications and networking conference (WCNC) (pp. 1165–1170).Google Scholar
- 13.Zhang, R., Ma, M., Li, D., & Jiao, B. (2015, June). Investigation on dl and ul power control in full-duplex systems. In 2015 IEEE international conference on communications (ICC) (pp. 1903–1907).Google Scholar
- 16.Al-Imari, M. (2016, September) Theoretical analysis of full-duplex system with power control. In 2016 international symposium on wireless communication systems (ISWCS) (pp. 461–465).Google Scholar
- 18.Li, R., Chen, Y., & Wu, Y. (2016). Binary power control for full-duplex networks. In 2016 IEEE 27th annual international symposium on personal, indoor, and mobile radio communications (PIMRC) (pp. 1–6).Google Scholar
- 19.da Silva, J. M. B., Xu, Y., Fodor, G., & Fischione, C. (2016). Distributed spectral efficiency maximization in full-duplex cellular networks. In 2016 IEEE international conference on communications workshops (ICC) (pp. 80–86).Google Scholar
- 20.Sahai, A., Patel, G., & Sabharwal, A. (2011). Pushing the limits of full-duplex: Design and real-time implementation. arXiv preprint. arXiv:1107.0607.
- 22.Sahai, A., Diggavi, S., & Sabharwal, A. (2013, September). On degrees-of-freedom of full-duplex uplink/downlink channel. In Information Theory Workshop (ITW), 2013 IEEE (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar
- 23.Bi, W., Su, X., Xiao, L., & Zhou, S. (2015, June). On rate region analysis of full-duplex cellular system with inter-user interference cancellation. In 2015 IEEE international conference on communication workshop (ICCW) (pp. 1166–1171).Google Scholar
- 24.Bi, W., Su, X., Xiao, L., & Zhou, S. (2016, April) Superposition coding based inter-user interference cancellation in full duplex cellular system. In 2016 IEEE wireless communications and networking conference (pp. 1–6).Google Scholar
- 27.Williams, A. (2013). Analog filter and circuit design handbook. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- 28.Spatial channel model for multiple input multiple output (MIMO) simulations, 3GPP TR 25.996 V7.0.0 (2007-06). Technical report.Google Scholar