Fairness Analysis of Inter-cell Relay in Downlink OFDMA Cellular Networks
- 10 Downloads
In the OFDMA cellular network, in order to improve the throughput of the cell system and the overall resource utilization of the system as well as the quality of service and fairness of the system users. In this paper, we propose a load balancing schema based on the inter-cell relay for the downlink OFDMA cellular networks, and then we research the fairness of intra cell and whole cell system. Based on the frequency reuse pattern, we propose a new type of spectrum division and time slot division model. And then, we calculate the remaining subcarriers by deriving the interference formula according to the SIR. Then, we propose a distance-based fairness scheduling algorithm, which is used for the redistribution of the remaining sub-carriers in the BS and RS region. Besides, we consider the optimization of the relay radius when the fairness of the system is as higher as possible. Finally, the feasibility of the proposed scheme is verified by simulation.
KeywordsOFDMA cellular networks Inter-cell relay Downlink Load balancing Fairness
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61201160, 61602263); The six talent peaks project in Jiangsu Province (XYDXXJS-044); The Natural science fund for colleges and universities in Jiangsu Province under Grants (16KJB510034); The Natural Science Foundation of Jiangsu Province under Grants (BK20151507, BK20160916); Sponsored by NUPTSF (Grant Nos. NY214065, NY216020).
- 1.El-Kashlan, H. K., Eisenmann, D., & Kileny, P. R. (2012). 4G-LTE/LTE-advanced for mobile broadband. Nanjing: Southeast University Press.Google Scholar
- 3.Saran, R. (2008). IEEE P802.16j/D6 draft amendment to IEEE standard for local and metropolitan area networks-part 16: Air interface for fixed and mobile broadband wireless access systems: multihop relay specification. New York: IEEE Press.Google Scholar
- 5.Li, M., & Wang, A. (2015). An analysis model for OFDMA-based inter-cell interference. In 2015 Third international conference on robot, vision and signal processing (RVSP), Kaohsiung (pp. 248–251).Google Scholar
- 6.Jingbo, Yuan, & Xia, Peng. (2015). Research on load balancing technology in wireless communication networks. Digital Technology and Application, 1, 29–30.Google Scholar
- 7.Xu, L., Chen, Y., Chai, K. K., et al. (2012). Cooperative load balancing for OFDMA cellular networks. In European wireless, 2012 (EW). European wireless conference (pp. 1–7). VDE.Google Scholar
- 8.Liu, D., Chen, Y., & Chai, K. K. (2012). Cooperative user relaying assisted load balancing scheme for OFDMA based cellular networks. In IEEE international conference on network infrastructure and digital content (pp. 128–133).Google Scholar
- 10.Yang, Z., Yang, Q., Fu, F., et al. A novel load balancing scheme in LTE and WiFi coexisted network for OFDMA system. In International conference on wireless communications and signal processing (pp. 1–5). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 12.Triantafyllopoulou, D., & Moessner K. (2015). QoS and energy efficient resource allocation in downlink OFDMA systems. In 2015 IEEE international conference on communications (ICC2015) (pp. 5967–5972).Google Scholar
- 16.Lin, S., & Tian, H. (2013). Clustering based interference management for QoS guarantees in OFDMA femtocell. In Wireless communications and networking conference (pp. 649–654). IEEE.Google Scholar