Compressive Channel Estimation Based on Weighted IRLS in FDD Massive MIMO
- 49 Downloads
In this letter a weighted iteratively reweighted least-square (IRLS) algorithm is proposed for FDD massive MIMO channel estimation. The priori support information is merged into the weighted IRLS to improve the recovery performance. The priori support information is obtained from the uplink channel by reciprocity in angle domain, and a support estimation algorithm is proposed from the analysis of basis mismatch and angle deviation between uplink and downlink which is more practical in the real scenario. A brief convergence analysis of weighted IRLS is given out. Simulations show that the proposed weighted IRLS outperforms the standard IRLS, subspace pursuit (SP) and weighted SP.
KeywordsWeighted IRLS Channel estimation Massive MIMO FDD
This work is supported in part by the National Science Foundation of China (Nos. 61601509 and 61601334), the China Postdoctoral Science Foundation Grant (Nos. 2016M603045 and 2018M632889) and the self-determined research funds of CCNU(CCNU18QN007) from the colleges basic research and operation of MOE.
- 1.Chartrand, R., Yin, W. (2008). Iteratively reweighted algorithms for compressed sensing. In Proceedings of 2008 IEEE international conference on acoustics, speech and signal processing.Google Scholar
- 2.Borries, R. V., Miosso, C., Potes, C. (2007). Compressed sensing using priori information. In Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE international workshop on computational advances in multi-sensor adaptive.Google Scholar
- 5.Hugl, K., Kalliola, K., Laurila, J. (2002). Spatial reciprocity of uplink and downlink radio channel in FDD systems. In Proceedings of 2002 COST 273 technical document TD (Vol. 66, p. 7).Google Scholar
- 7.Ding, Y., Rao, B. D. (2015). Channel estimation using joint dictionary learning in FDD massive MIMO system. In Proceedings of IEEE global conference on signal and information processing.Google Scholar
- 9.Lu, W., Liu, Y. Z., Wang, D. S. (2011). Compressed sensing in spatial MIMO channels. In Proceedings of 2011 2nd international conference on wireless VITAE.Google Scholar