Framework of an Intelligent, Multi Nodal and Secured RF Based Wireless Home Automation System for Multifunctional Devices
The impact of home automation on domestic lifestyles is incredible as it was before on industry and its benefits will be accessible to all sectors of society. With the help of home automation, it is possible to control dozens of domestic equipment and appliances will include security, heating, lighting, cooking, washing appliances, energy management, audio and video systems as well as a number of new appliances such as health monitoring, home publishing. This paper presents a design and prototype implementation of new home automation system that can be controlled by radio frequency (RF) and can be able to communicate with any household appliance as well as robot in the range between of 10 and 15 m. Frequency of 433 MHz is used to communicate with transmitter and receiver to run all type of applications both in ac and dc. We are facing some challenges in section A and to overcome those challenges, we also proposed an intelligent, multi nodal and secured home automation system described in section B and show the comparison between RF based wireless home automation and intelligent multi nodal secured home automation.
KeywordsHome automation Multi nodal Radio frequency
We thank Mr. Sabbir Ahmed Khan and Mohammad Samin Yasar for assistance with multinodal features and cognitive system that greatly improved the manuscript.
Funding was provided by BRAC University.
- 3.Brush, A. J., Lee, B., Mahajan, R., Agarwal, S., Saroiu, S., & Dixon, C. (2011). Home automation in the wild: Challenges and opportunities. In SIGCHI conference on human factors in computing systems (pp. 2115–2124).Google Scholar
- 5.Grinter, R. E., Edwards, W. K., Newman, M. W., & Ducheneaut, N. (2005). The work to make a home network work (pp. 469–488). Dordrecht: Springer.Google Scholar
- 7.Das, S. R., Chita, S., Peterson, N., Shirazi, B. A., & Bhadkamkar, M. (2011). Home automation and security for mobile devices. In 2011 IEEE international conference on pervasive computing and communications workshops (PERCOM Workshops), Seattle, WA (pp. 141–146). https://doi.org/10.1109/percomw.2011.5766856
- 8.Mittal, Y., Toshniwal, P., Sharma, S., Singhal, D., Gupta, R., & Mittal, V. K. (2015) A voice-controlled multi-functional Smart Home Automation System. In 2015 annual IEEE India conference (INDICON), New Delhi (pp. 1–6). https://doi.org/10.1109/indicon.2015.7443538
- 9.AlShu’eili, H., Gupta, G. S., & Mukhopadhyay, S. (2011). Voice recognition based wireless home automation system. In 2011 4th international conference on mechatronics (ICOM), Kuala Lumpur (pp. 1–6). https://doi.org/10.1109/icom.2011.5937116
- 13.Spadacini, M., Savazzi, S., & Nicoli, M. (2014). Wireless home automation networks for indoor surveillance: Technologies and experiments. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 6, 1–17.Google Scholar
- 14.McComb, G. (2003). Robot builder’s bonanza. http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=861552. Accessed 12 Oct 2017
- 15.Maurer, U., Smailagic, A., Siewiorek, D., & Deisher, M. (2006). Activity recognition and monitoring using multiple sensors on different body positions. In Proceedings of the international workshop on wearable and implantable body sensor networks.Google Scholar
- 16.Singla, G., & Cook, D. (2009). Tracking activities in complex settings using smart environment technologies. International Journal of Biosciences, Psychiatry and Technology, 1, 25–36.Google Scholar
- 17.Savio, A., Alexandre, M., Sebastián, G., Graña, M., & Villanúa, J. (2009). Results of an adaboost approach on Alzheimer’s disease detection on MRI (pp. 114–123). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 19.Kumar, S. (2014). Ubiquitous smart home system using android application. International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (IJCNC), 6, 31–42.Google Scholar
- 20.Hasan, N., Khan, A. A. M., Uddin, N., & Mitul, A. F. (2013). Design and implementation of touchscreen and remote control based home automation system. In International conference on advances in electrical engineering (ICAEE) (pp. 347–352).Google Scholar
- 21.Frejlichowski, D., Gósciewska, K., Forczma, P., & Hofman, R. Smart monitor: An intelligent security system for the protection of individuals and small properties with the possibility of home automation.Google Scholar