Robust Energy-Efficient Downlink Resource Allocation in Heterogeneous Networks with Outage Probability Constraint
- 52 Downloads
With the development of the fifth generation communication technology, improving energy efficiency (EE is defined as the ratio of the system throughput over the total power consumption) of wireless communication becomes a hot topic, which has attracted wide attention from industry and academia. Heterogeneous networks (HetNets) have been considered as a new promising technique for expanding network coverage and improving EE. Robust resource allocation is a huge challenge when uncertainty parameters are involved in this issue. The problem is more significant in HetNets since perfect channel state information is not available at femtocell base station’s transmitters. In this paper, we study the downlink resource allocation in HetNets under outage probability constraint, and formulate the EE maximization problem as a nonlinear fractional programming problem. In order to solve the fractional programming problem, firstly, we transform the original problem into an equivalent optimization problem in a parametric subtractive form. Then based on the exponential distribution model under Rayleigh fading environment, the probability constraint is transformed into a deterministic constraint. Finally, we propose a two-loop iteration algorithm to find the optimal solution by using Dinkelbachs method and Lagrangian dual decomposition method. Simulation results demonstrate the convergence and the effectiveness of the proposed algorithm.
KeywordsHeterogeneous networks Resource allocation Energy efficiency Fractional programming Probability constraint
This work is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (61601071,61801062,61571070); The Natural Science Foundation Project of Chongqing (cstc2016jcyjA2197); Supported by the Science and Technology Research Program of Chongqing Municipal Education Commission (KJQN201800606); Key R&D Project of Industry and Common Technology Innovation of Chongqing (cstc2017zdcy-zdyfX0049).
- 2.Xu, Y., Hu, Y., Chen, Q., Song, T., & Lai, R. (2017). Robust resource allocation for multi-tier cognitive heterogeneous networks. In 2017 IEEE international conference on communications, 2017 (ICC 2017) (pp. 1–6).Google Scholar
- 3.Xu, Y., Hu, Y., Chen, Q., Chai, R.,&Li, G. (2017). Distributed resource allocation for cognitive hetnets with cross-tier interference constraint. In 2017 IEEE wireless communications and networking conference, 2017 (WCNC 2017) (pp. 1–6).Google Scholar
- 4.Chen, J. Q., Chu, J. H., & Feng, K. T. (2015). Energy-efficient spectrum selection and resource allocation in downlink cognitive femtocell networks. In 2015 IEEE 81st vehicular technology conference (VTC Spring 2015) (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar
- 6.Martin-Vega, F. J., Delgado-Luque, I. M., Gomez, G., Aguayo-Torres, M. C., & Entrambasaguas, J. T. (2016). Downlink power setting for energy efficient heterogeneous cellular networks. In 2016 8th International congress on ultra-modern telecommunications and control systems and workshops, 2016 (ICUMT 2016) (pp. 147–151).Google Scholar
- 7.Vien, Q. T., Tuan, A. L., Nguyen, H. X., & Karamanoglu, M. (2015). An energy-efficient resource allocation for optimal downlink coverage in heterogeneous wireless cellular networks. In 2015 International symposium on wireless communication systems, 2015 (ISWCS 2015) (pp. 156–160).Google Scholar
- 13.Chen, J., Zhou, Y., & Kuo, Y. (2016). Energy-efficiency resource allocation for cognitive heterogeneous networks with imperfect channel state information. The Institution of Engineering and Technology Communications, 10(11), 1312–1319.Google Scholar
- 14.Wang, X., Zhu, P., Zheng, F. C., Meng, C., & You, X. (2015). Energy-efficient resource allocation in multi-cell OFDMA systems with imperfect CSI. In 2015 IEEE 82nd vehicular technology conference, 2015 (VTC2015-Fall 2015) (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar
- 20.Iliev, T. B., Mihaylov, G. Y., Ivanova, E. P., & Stoyanov, I. S. (2017). Power control schemes for device-to-device communications in 5G mobile network. In 2017 40th International convention on information and communication technology, electronics and microelectronics, 2017 (MIPRO 2017) (pp. 416–419).Google Scholar
- 25.Cui, S., Goldsmith, A., & Bahai, A. (2015). Energy-constrained modulation optimization. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 4(5), 2349–2360.Google Scholar