Closed-Form Outage Probability Expressions for Multihop Cognitive Radio Network with Best Path Selection Schemes in RF Energy Harvesting Environment
- 91 Downloads
In this paper, a comparative study of parallel best path selection (PBPS) and immediate best path selection IBPS in terms of outage probability and throughput has been done in a multi hop cognitive radio network. The closed form expressions for the outage probability of secondary network in PBPS protocol as well as IBPS protocol in multihop scenario have been derived. We also find the impact of the number of parallel paths in multihop scenario on the outage probability and throughput of secondary network. The performance of PBPS scheme is compared with IBPS scheme. An optimum value of initial harvesting time for secondary nodes \((\tau )\) to achieve maximum throughput is also found for both the path selection schemes.
KeywordsEnergy harvesting Multihop Parallel best path selection Immediate best path selection Cognitive radio
The work is supported by Visvesvaraya research grant under Media Lab Asia (PhD-MLA/4(29)/2015-16).
- 3.Nasir, A. A., Zhou, X., Durrani, S., & Kennedy, R. A. (2014). Throughput and ergodic capacity of wireless energy harvesting based DF relaying network. In IEEE international conference on communications (ICC), 2014 (pp. 4066–4071).Google Scholar
- 5.Chi, X., Zheng, M., Liang, W., Haibin, Y., & Liang, Ying-Chang. (2016). Outage performance of underlay multi-hop cognitive relay networks with energy harvesting. IEICE Transactions on Communications, 6(20), 1148–1151.Google Scholar
- 6.Krikidis, I., Zheng, G., & Ottersten, B. (2013). Harvest-use cooperative networks with half/full-duplex relaying. In Wireless communications and networking conference (WCNC), 2013 IEEE, (pp. 4256–4260). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 7.Tuyen, L. P., & Bao, V. N. Q. (2012). Outage performance analysis of dual-hop af relaying system with underlay spectrum sharing. In IEEE 14th international conference on advanced communication technology (ICACT), 2012, (pp 481–486).Google Scholar
- 18.Boddapati, H. K., Prakriya, S., & Bhatnagar, M. R. (2016). Outage analysis of cluster-based multi-hop cognitive radio networks. In IEEE 83rd vehicular technology conference (VTC Spring), 2016, (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar
- 20.Barua, B., Safaei, F., & Abolhasan, M. (2010). On the outage of multihop parallel relay networks. In IEEE 72nd vehicular technology conference fall (VTC 2010-Fall), 2010, (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar