Efficient PAPR Reduction in DCT-SCFDMA System Based on Absolute Exponential Companding Technique with Pulse Shaping
- 142 Downloads
Discrete Cosine Transform based Single carrier frequency division multiple access (DCT-SCFDMA) is a prominent technique for providing high data rates in multimedia services. It also provides high Quality of Service to the users by mitigating the fading of signals. But High peak-to-average power ratio (PAPR) is a technical challenge which reduces the efficiency of RF power amplifiers. In this article, a novel joint scheme of PAPR reduction method is proposed and analyzed based on pulse shaping and absolute exponential companding (AEXP) technique. Our method proposes the use of standard raised cosine filter and square root raised cosine filter along with the AEXP companding process separately in DCT-SCFDMA system for different subcarrier mapping techniques e.g. interleaved frequency division multiple access and localized frequency division multiple access. Through extensive simulations, the numerical analysis presents that proposed architecture achieves significant improvements over the existing standard pulse shaping methods when used alone in DCT-SCFDMA system as far as the lowest PAPR is concerned.
KeywordsPAPR DCT-SCFDMA RC SRRC AEXP
The authors would like to acknowledge the support given by Information and Communication Technology Division; Ministry of Post, Telecommunications and IT; Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh through the ICT Fellowship, 2014-2015 program.
- 1.Al-Kamal, F. S., Hassan, E. S., El-Naby, M. A., Shawki, F., El-Khamy, S. E., Dessouky, M. I., et al. (2015). An efficient transceiver scheme for SC-FDMA systems based on discrete wavelet transform and discrete cosine transform. Wireless Personal Communications, 83(4), 3133. doi: 10.1007/s11277-015-2587-8.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 2.Oppenheim, A. V., Schafer, R. W., & Buck, J. R. (1999). Discrete-Time Signal Processing (2nd ed.). London: Pearson Education.Google Scholar
- 6.Rana, M. M., Jinsang, K., Won-Kyung, C. (2010) Performance analysis of sub-carrier mapping in LTE uplink systems. In 9th International conference on optical internet pp. 1–3. doi: 10.1109/COIN.2010.5546450
- 7.Myung, H. G., Junsung, L., Goodman, D. (2006). Peak-to-average power ratio of single carrier FDMA signals with pulse shaping. In IEEE 17th international symposium on personal, indoor and mobile radio communications pp. 1–5. doi: 10.1109/PIMRC.2006.254407
- 8.Chaudhary, N., Cao, L. (2006). Comparison of compand-filter schemes for reducing PAPR in OFDM. In IEEE wireless communications and networking conference pp. 2070–2075. doi: 10.1109/WCNC.2006.1696615
- 16.Li, W., Gang, W., Lilin, D. Yue, X. (2011). A Time-comain PTS without side information in SC-FDMA systems. In 7th international conference on wireless communications, networking and mobile computing pp. 1–4. doi: 10.1109/wicom.2011.6040420
- 19.Duan, Y., Li, Y., Li, Z., Liu, S., Wu, C. (2012). A new SLM method with feedback searching for uplink SC-FDMA system. In 8th International conference on wireless communications, networking and mobile computing pp. 1–4. doi: 10.1109/WiCOM.2012.6478319
- 21.Sayed-Ahmed, A., Shokair, M., El-Rabaie, E. (2012). PAPR reduction for LFDMA using a reduced complexity PTS scheme. In 29th National radio science conference pp. 515–522. doi: 10.1109/NRSC.2012.6208560
- 25.Al-Kamali, F. S., Dessouky, M., Sallam, B. M., Shawki, F., El-Samie, F. E. A. (2009). A new single carrier FDMA system based on the discrete cosine transform. In International conference on computer engineering & systems pp. 555–560. doi: 10.1109/ICCES.2009.5383071
- 31.Zihao, Y., Lu, I.T., Rui, Y., Jialing, L. (2013). Flexible companding design for PAPR reduction in OFDM and FBMC systems. In International conference on computing, networking and communications pp. 408–412. doi: 10.1109/ICCNC.2013.6504118