Deployment of Resource Allocation and Power Control Schemes in Long Term Evolution Advanced (LTE-A) Hybrid Network
- 164 Downloads
Long Term Evolution Advanced (LTE-A) Hybrid network integrates Femtocell and Macrocell networks to obtain better coverage and improved capacity. One of the limiting factors faced by Hybrid network is Inter-Cell Interference (ICI). One way to get rid of the ICI is through Inter-Cell Interference coordination technique. In the last few years, interference coordination such as Fractional Frequency Reuse (FFR) technique is considered as the utmost important research topic in LTE cellular technology. This paper revisited FFR method and deployed Dynamic Femtocell Resource Allocation (DFRA) scheme to ensure the resources assigned to Femtocells are mutually exclusive with adjacent Macrousers or adjacent Femtocells. Furthermore, in the scenario of high density Femtocells (when orthogonal resource exhausted), the power control schemes such as Power based Femtocell Base Station Power Control (PPC), SINR based Femtocell Base Station Power Control (SPC) and SINR based Neighboring Femtocell Power Control (SNPC) are integrated into the system. The deployment of the schemes has augmented the performance of the network and shows increment of 11.43% supported active users with an average data rate inclined by 22.19 Mbps.
KeywordsLong term evolution advanced (LTE-A) Femtocell Fractional frequency reuse (FFR) Inter-cell interference (ICI)
- 2.Jeanette Wannstrom, masterltefaster.com and Keith Mallinson, WiseHarbor, HetNet/Small Cells 3GPP. http://www.3gpp.org/technologies/keywords-acronyms/1576-hetnet.
- 4.Bilios, D., Bouras, C., Kokkinos, V., Papazois, A., & Tseliou, G. (2012). A performance study of fractional frequency reuse in OFDMA networks. In 2012 5th Joint IFIP wireless and mobile networking conference (WMNC) (pp. 38–43). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 5.Valcarce, A., Lucas, M., & López-Pérez, D. (2012). In-cabin downlink cell planning with fractional frequency reuse. In European wireless, 2012. EW. 18th European wireless conference (pp. 1–5). VDE.Google Scholar
- 6.Novlan, T., Andrews, J. G., Sohn, I., Ganti, R. K., & Ghosh, A. (2010). Comparison of fractional frequency reuse approaches in the OFDMA cellular downlink. In Global Telecommunications Conference (GLOBECOM 2010), 2010 IEEE (pp. 1–5). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.Hamouda, S., Yeh, C., Kim, J., Wooram, S., & Kwon, D. S. (2009). Dynamic hard fractional frequency reuse for mobile WiMAX. In IEEE international conference on pervasive computing and communications PerCom 2009 (pp. 1–6). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 9.Da Costa, G. W. O., Cattoni, A. F., Mogensen, P. E., & Da Silva, L. A. (2015). Dynamic channel selection for cognitive femtocells. In M.-G. Di Benedetto, et al. (Eds.), Cognitive radio and networking for heterogeneous wireless networks (pp. 151–180). Switzerland: Springer.Google Scholar
- 10.Lee, P., Lee, T., Jeong, J., & Shin, J. (2010). Interference management in LTE femtocell systems using fractional frequency reuse. In 2010 The 12th international conference on advanced communication technology (ICACT) (Vol. 2, pp. 1047–1051). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 11.Bouras, C., Kavourgias, G., Kokkinos, V., & Papazois, A. (2012). Interference management in LTE femtocell systems using an adaptive frequency reuse scheme. In Wireless telecommunications symposium (WTS) 2012 (pp. 1–7). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 12.Bouras, C., Diles, G., Kokkinos, V., & Papazois, A. (2012). Power management over co-channel femtocells in LTE-A systems. In Wireless Days (WD), 2012 IFIP (pp. 1–3). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 13.3GPP. (2016). Evolved universal terrestrial radio access (E-UTRA): Physical channels and modulation. Technical report 36.211 v13.0.0.Google Scholar
- 14.So-In, C., Jain, R., & Al-Tamimi, A. K. (2010). Resource allocation in IEEE 802.16 mobile WiMAX. In T. Jiang, L. Y. Song, & Y. Zhang (Eds.), Orthogonal frequency division multiple access (OFDMA). United States: Auerbach Publications, CRC Press.Google Scholar
- 15.(2012). Mobile network operator challenges. Retrieved March 14, 2015, from http://www.iet.ntnu.no/workshop/SNOW2012/presentations/lehne.pdf.
- 16.Boddu, S. R., Mukhopadhyay, A., Philip, B. V., & Das, S. S. (2013). Bandwidth partitioning and SINR threshold design analysis of fractional frequency reuse. Paper presented at the National conference on communications (NCC), 2013.Google Scholar
- 17.ITU-R M.2135-1. (2009). Guidelines for evaluation of radio interface technologies for IMT-advanced. Geneva, Switzerland, Report ITU-R M.2135-1.Google Scholar
- 18.3GPP (2010). Evolved universal terrestrial radio access (E-UTRA): Further advancements for E-UTRA physical layer aspects. Technical report 36.814 v9.0.0.Google Scholar
- 19.Lim, J. H., Ahmed, R. B., Mohammad, J., Sabapathy, T. (2015). Optimization fractional frequency scheme in long term evolution network. In MUCET conference system, Malaysian Technical Universities conference on engineering and technology, 2015.Google Scholar