Performance Analysis of Combined Space Time Block Coding with Generalized Selection Combining in Underlay Cognitive Radio
- 91 Downloads
In this paper, we demonstrate the performance analysis of an underlay MIMO cognitive radios employing space time block coding at secondary’s user transmitter (SU-Tx) and generalized selection combining at secondary’s user receiver. The transmit power strategy enforces the SU-Tx to adapt its power to be transmitted so as to protect primary user’s receiver from harmful interference in order to satisfy primary user outage constraint. We derive closed form expressions for average post processing signal to noise ratio and ergodic capacity. Moreover, approximate expression for average bit error rate is also obtained. Based on the achieved results, we show that the average post processing SNR, Ergodic Capacity and average BER improve as number of best branches to be combined increases. Finally analytical results are affirmed through Monte Carlo simulations.
KeywordsCognitive radio (CR) Generalized selection combining (GSC) Space time block coding (STBC) Multiple-input-multiple-output (MIMO)
This research work was supported by Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme (TEQIP) phase II, Government of India.
- 17.Vu, M., Devroye, N., Sharif, M., & Tarokh, V. (2007). Scaling laws of cognitive networks. In Proceedings of international conference cognitive radio oriented wireless networks and communications (Crowncom) (pp. 2–8). doi: 10.1109/CROWNCOM.2007.4549764.
- 18.Duan, R., & Elmusrati, M. S. (2014). Performance analysis of a cognitive-shared channel with GSC diversity under primary outage probability. In International conference on computing, networking and communication (pp 83–87)Google Scholar
- 19.Hung, T, Hans, J. Z., & Chan Dai, T. T. (2013). Outage performance of cognitive radio networks under outage constraint of multiple primary users and transmit power constraint of secondary user. In International conference on ubiquitous and future networks (ICUFN) (pp. 631–635). doi: 10.1109/ICUFN.2013.6614895.
- 20.Simon, M. K., & Alouni, M. S. (2005). Digital communication over fading channels (2nd ed.). New York: Wiley.Google Scholar
- 23.Gradshteyn, I. S., Ryzhik, I. M., Jeffery, A., & Zwillinger, D. (2007). Table of integrals, series and products (7th ed.). Amsterdam: Elsevier.Google Scholar