The Implications of Cognitive Femtocell Based Spectrum Allocation Over Macrocell Networks
- 160 Downloads
We propose an analytical framework of significant influence of deployment of femto base stations (FBSs) in a dual-tier network constituted of macro base stations (MBSs). As because of uncoordinated deployment, FBSs results in destructive interference to MBSs and vice versa. But, throughput efficiency of indoor (femtocell) and outdoor (macrocell) environment substantially increases due to an optimum reutilization of available spectrum. The quality of service is further getting optimized in terms of throughput and network coverage because of incorporation of steerable beamforming. Finally, the effectiveness of the scheme is verified by extensive matlab simulation.
KeywordsCognitive-femtocell networks Throughput efficiency Network coverage analysis Steerable beamforming
- 1.Xu, X., Dai, X., Liu, Y., Gao, R., & Tao, X. (2015). Energy efficient optimization oriented control plane and user plane adaptation with a frameless network architecture for 5G. EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking, 2015, 1.Google Scholar
- 2.Mansfield, G. (2008). Femtocells in the US market-business drivers and consumer propositions. Femtocells Europe.Google Scholar
- 5.Oh, D. C., Lee, H. C., & Lee, Y. H. (2010) Cognitive radio based femtocell resource allocation. In International conference on information and communication technology convergence (pp. 274–279).Google Scholar
- 6.3GPP. (2012-10). Universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS); Base station (BS) radio transmission and reception (FDD) 3GPP TS 25.104 version 11.3.0 Release 11. 3GPP. http://www.etsi.org.
- 7.Ghosh, J., Panjwani, V., & Roy, S. D. (2016). Secondary network throughput analysis applying SFR in OFDMA-CR networks. In SOCPROS, volume 437 of the series advances in intelligent systems and computing (pp. 293–303).Google Scholar
- 10.Saunders, S. R., Carlaw, S., Giustina, A., Bhat, R. R., Rao, V. S., & Siegberg, R. (2009). Femtocells: Opportunities and challenges for business and technology (9252 pp.). Hoboken: Wiley.Google Scholar
- 11.Ma, Y., Lv, T., Zhang, J., Gao, H., & Lu, Y. (2012). Cognitive interference mitigation in heterogeneous femto-macro cell networks. In IEEE PIMRC (pp. 2131–2136).Google Scholar
- 12.Ericsson. (2008). Downlink co-existence between macro cells and adjacent channel Home NodeBs. 3GPP TSG-RAN WG4, R4-080939, Meeting # 47, Kansas City, USA, 5th–9th May, 2008.Google Scholar
- 13.Espino, J., & Markendahl, J. (2009). Analysis of macro—Femtocell interference and implications for spectrum allocation. In IEEE PIMRC (pp. 2208–2212).Google Scholar
- 14.Ericsson. (2007). Home node B output power. 3GPP TSG-RAN WG4, R4-070969, Meeting # 43bis, Orlando, USA, 25th–29th June, 2007.Google Scholar
- 15.Universal mobile telecommunications system (UMTS). (2009). Base station (BS) radio transmission and reception (FDD) 3GPP TS 25.104 version 8.5.0 Release 8. 3GPP.Google Scholar
- 17.van der Veen, A. J., Leshem, A., & Boonstra, A. J. (2004) Signal processing for radio astronomical arrays. In IEEE SAM (pp. 1–10).Google Scholar