Energy Efficient Data Aggregation in Mobile Agent Based Wireless Sensor Network
Energy efficiency have always been a priority while designing wireless sensor networks. Introduction of mobile agent technology in wireless sensor networks for collaborative signal and information processing has provided the new scope for efficient processing and aggregation of data. Mobile agent based distributed computing paradigm offers numerous benefits over the existing and commonly used client/server computing paradigm in wireless sensor networks. Mobile agent performs the task of data processing and data aggregation at the node level rather than at the sink, thus, eliminating the redundant network overhead. One of the most important issues in mobile agent based paradigm is planning of an itinerary for agent traversal. In this paper, we have proposed a dynamic mobile agent based data aggregation approach that takes into consideration energy efficiency, network lifetime, end to end delay and aggregation ration while making the decision for migration of agent in multihop sensor network. As our approach focuses on finding the most informative route by traversing comparatively less number of nodes consequently mobile agent takes less time to return to processing element, thus, exhibiting lower delay.
KeywordsWireless sensor networks Distributed computing paradigm Collaborative information processing Client server Mobile agent Itinerary planning
- 5.Xu, Y., Qi, H., & Kuruganti, P. T. (2003). Distributed computing paradigm for collaborative processing in sensor networks. In IEEE GlobeCom (pp. 3531–3535).Google Scholar
- 8.Chen, M., Kwon, T., Yuan, Y., & Leung, V. C. M. (2006). Mobile agent based wireless sensor networks. Journal of Computers, 1, 6–10.Google Scholar
- 12.Qi, H., & Wang, F. (2001). Optimal itinerary analysis for mobile agents in adhoc wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on communications (ICC), Helsinki, Finland.Google Scholar
- 13.Chen, M., Kwon, T., Yuan, Y., Choi Y., & Leung, V. C. (2007). Mobile agent-based directed diffusion in wireless sensor networks. EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, 2007(1), 219.Google Scholar
- 15.Chen, M., Leung, V., Mao, S., Kwon, T., & Li, M. (2009). Energy-efficient itinerary planning for mobile agents in wireless sensor networks. In Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on communications (ICC), Bresden, Germany (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar