On security of a Certificateless Hybrid Signcryption Scheme
Certificateless hybrid signcryption is a newly cryptosystem that plays a great role in some storage-constrained networks when confidentiality and authenticity are needed simultaneously. Now considering almost all certificateless signcryption schemes that have been proposed in the literature cannot effectively against the public-key-replacement attacks. In this paper, we proposed a hybrid signcryption scheme in the certificateless setting to fill this security gaps, and its security has been verified to achieve the confidentiality and unforgeability in random oracle model. Moreover, performance analysis shows the proposed scheme is efficient and practical.
KeywordsCertificateless hybrid signcryption Bilinear pairing Provable security Public-key-replacement attacks
This work was partially supported by the National Science Foundation of China under Grants 61262079.
- 2.Chan, S., Guizani, M., Chen, C., et al. (2014). An enhanced public key infrastructure to secure smart grid wireless communication networks. IEEE Network, 28(1), 10–16.Google Scholar
- 3.Shamir, A. (1984). Identity-based cryptosystems and signature schemes. In CRYPTO’84. Lecture notes in computer science (Vol. 196, pp. 47–53). Springer: Heidelberg.Google Scholar
- 4.Malone-Lee, J. (2002). Identity-based signcryption. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2002, 98.Google Scholar
- 7.Al-Riyami, S. S., & Paterson, K. G. (2003). Certificateless public key cryptography. In Proceedings of ASIACRYPT 2003. Lecture notes in computer science (Vol. 2894, pp. 452–473). Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- 8.Barbosa, M., & Farshim, P. (2008). Certificateless signcryption. In Proceedings of ASIACCS’2008 (pp. 369–372). New York: ACM.Google Scholar
- 9.Han, Y. L., & Gui, X. L. (2009). BPGSC: Bilinear pairing based generalized signcryption scheme. In 2009 eighth international conference on grid and cooperative computing (pp. 76–82) Lanzhou.Google Scholar
- 10.Wu, C., & Chen, Z. (2008). A new efficient certificateless signcryption scheme. In International symposium on information science and engineering, 2008 (ISISE’08) (Vol. 1, pp. 661–664). Shanghai: IEEE.Google Scholar
- 11.Selvi, S. S. D., Vivek, S. S., & Rangan, C. P. (2009). On the security of certificateless signcryption schemes. INSCRYPT, 9, 75–92.Google Scholar
- 12.Selvi, S. S. D., Vivek, S. S., & Rangan, C. P. (Eds.). (2011). Cryptanalysis of certificateless signcryption schemes and an efficient construction without pairing. In Information security and cryptology (pp. 75–92). Berlin, Heidelberg: Springer.Google Scholar
- 19.Selvi, S. S. D., Vivek, S. S., & Rangan, C. P. (2010). Security weaknesses in two certificateless signcryption schemes. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2010, 92–95.Google Scholar
- 25.Granger, R., & Smart, N. P. (2006) On computing products of pairings. IACR Cryptology ePrint Archive, 2006, 172–183.Google Scholar