Adaptive Multi-Layered Space-Time Block Coded Systems in Wireless Environments
- 96 Downloads
Multi-layered space-time block coded systems (MLSTBC) strike a balance between spatial multiplexing and transmit diversity. In this paper, we analyze the block error rate performance of MLSTBC. In addition, we propose an adaptive MLSTBC schemes that are capable of accommodating the channel signal-to-noise ratio variation of wireless systems by near instantaneously adapting the uplink transmission configuration. The main results demonstrate that significant effective throughput improvements can be achieved while maintaining a certain target bit error rate.
KeywordsMIMO systems STBC Multi-layered Adaptive schemes
The author would like to acknowledge the support provided by King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) through Deanship of Scientific Research (DSR) grant RG1312. In addition, the work was partially supported by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) project number EE002355.
- 2.Wolniansky, P. W., Foschini, G. J., Golden, G. D., & Valenzuela, R. A. (1998). V-BLAST: An architecture for realizing very high data rates over the rich-scattering wireless channel. In ISSSE, pp. 295–300.Google Scholar
- 6.Mohammad, B. W. M., Al-Ghadhban, S., & Tranter, W. (2004). Comparing decoding algorithms for multi-layer space-time block codes. In IEEE SoutheastCon, pp. 147–152.Google Scholar
- 7.Xia, M.-H., Zhou, Y.-P., & Wen, W.-K. (2008). Combining alamouti coding with v-blast through dynamic antenna grouping. Tongxin Xuebao/Journal on Communication, 29(12), 108–114.Google Scholar
- 9.Syafei, W., Nagao, Y., Imashioya, R., Kurosaki, M., Sai, B., & Ochi, H. (2009). Design of 600 Mbps MIMO wireless LAN system using GLST coding and its FPGA implementation. In RWS 2009 IEEE radio and wireless symposium, proceedings, pp. 296–299.Google Scholar
- 14.Maaref, A., & Aissa, S. (2004). Rate-adaptive M-QAMin MIMO diversity systems using space-time block codes. In IEEE international symposium on personal, indoor and mobile radio communications, PIMRC, pp. 2294–2298.Google Scholar
- 15.Zhou, Z., & Vucetic, B. (2011). Adaptive coded MIMO systems with near full multiplexing gain using outdated CSI. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, 10(1), 294302.Google Scholar
- 17.Ko, Y., & Tepedelenlioglu, C. (2003). Adaptive modulation for MIMO systems with V-BLAST detection. In IEEE vehicular technology conference, VTC/Spring, pp. 1074–1078.Google Scholar