An Enhanced Hybrid LBS and Its Prototype for Supporting Backpackers in Beijing
- 268 Downloads
With the development of economic and people’s living standards, more and more people join the ranks of backpackers, which have brought a lot of pressures to the society. It’s the emergence of an enhanced hybrid location-based services (LBS) to solve this problem. LBS are classified into three categories, i.e. Reactive LBS, Proactive LBS, and Hybrid LBS (H-LBS). The prototype of H-LBS for supporting backpackers in Beijing was discussed. There are several services to support backpackers by H-LBS, for example travel insurance services, tourism planning services, in which kernel density estimation was used to calculate the hotspots, and travel process support services.
KeywordsLocation-based services H-LBS Wireless communication Backpackers GIS
This study is supported by the funding from National Natural Science Foundation of China (41071284) and Guangzhou Planning Project of Science & Technology (2010Y1-C711).
- 2.Mooney, P., Corcoran, P., & Winstanley, A. C. (2010). Geospatial data issues in the provision of location-based services. In Gartner, G. (Ed.), Proceedings of the 7th international symposium on LBS & TeleCartography, South China Normal University, Guangzhou, China.Google Scholar
- 6.Antikainen, H., Rusanen, J., Vartiainen, S., Myllyaho, M., Karvonen, J., Oivo, M., et al. (2006). Location-based services as a tool for developing tourism in marginal regions. Nordia Geographical Publications, 35(2), 39–50.Google Scholar
- 7.Docter, J., Licciardi, C. A., & Marchetti, M. (2007 July). The telecom industry and context awareness. In International conference on the management of mobile business, 2007 (ICMB 2007) (pp. 35–35), IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.Fritsch, L., & Scherner, T. (2005). A multilaterally secure, privacy-friendly location-based service for disaster management and civil protection. In Networking-ICN 2005 (pp. 1130–1137). Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 9.Koutsiouris, V., Polychronopoulos, C., & Vrechopoulos, A. (2007 July). Developing 3G location based services: The case of an innovative entertainment guide application. In International conference on the management of mobile business, 2007 (ICMB 2007) (pp. 1–1), IEEE.Google Scholar
- 10.Richter, K. F., Dara-Abrams, D., & Raubal, M. (2010 September). Navigating and learning with location based services: A user-centric design. In Proceedings of the 7th international symposium on LBS and telecartography (pp. 261–276).Google Scholar
- 11.Virrantaus, K., Markkula, J., Garmash, A., Terziyan, V., Veijalainen, J., Katanosov, A., et al. (2001 December). Developing GIS-supported location-based services. In Proceedings of the second international conference on Web information systems engineering, 2001 (Vol. 2, pp. 66–75), IEEE.Google Scholar
- 12.Schiller, J., & Voisard, A. (Eds.). (2004). Location-based services. Elsevier.Google Scholar
- 14.Spiekermann, S. (2004). General aspects of location-based services. In Location-based services.Google Scholar
- 16.Werthner, H. (2000). Bericht der AG eTourismus. Wien 2000. Download: http://www.bmwa.gv.at/ebusiness/.2002-03-19.
- 17.Schmidt-Belz, B., Makelainen, M., Nick, A., Poslad, S., Wöer, K., Frew, A. J., et al. (2002). Intelligent brokering of tourism services for mobile users. In Information and communication technologies in tourism 2002: Proceedings of the International Conference in Innsbruck (pp. 275–284), Austria: Springer, Wien.Google Scholar
- 18.Chang, S. E., Hsieh, Y. J., Chen, C. W., Liao, C. K., & Wang, S. T. (2006). Location-based services for tourism industry: An empirical study. In Ubiquitous intelligence and computing (pp. 1144–1153). Berlin: Springer..Google Scholar
- 19.Zipf, A. (2002). User-adaptive maps for location-based services (LBS) for tourism. In Proceedings of the 9th international conference for information and communication technologies in tourism, ENTER.Google Scholar
- 20.Francica, J (2002). Location-based Services: Where Wireless Meets GIS. In Business geographics. Download: http://www.geoplace.com/bg/2000/1000/1000spf.asp.2002-03-19.
- 21.Steinfield, C. (2004). The development of location based services in mobile commerce. In E-Life after the Dot Com Bust (pp. 177–197), Physica-Verlag HD.Google Scholar
- 22.Van de Kar, E., & Bouwman, H. (2001). The development of location based mobile services. In Edispuut conference, Amsterdam, October 17.Google Scholar
- 23.Levijoki, S. (2001). Privacy vs location awareness. Unpublished manuscript, Helsinki University of Technology.Google Scholar
- 24.Han, J., Kamber, M., & Pei, J. (2006). Data mining: Concepts and techniques. Beijing: China Machine Press.Google Scholar