Symbol Detection of IDMA Systems in the Presence of Carrier Frequency Offsets
- 233 Downloads
In this paper we investigate the detection algorithms for interleave division multiple access (IDMA) systems in the presence of carrier frequency offsets (CFOs). The existing IDMA detection algorithm is designed under the zero CFO assumption and its performance will be degraded when the CFOs are present. We first extend the existing algorithm to the nonzero CFO case by utilizing effective channel coefficients which take the CFO effects into account. Then we turn to a more practical scenario with imperfect CFO estimates. We propose an algorithm that can cope with the residual CFO effects by integrating the CFO updating into the iterative receiver. Signal-to-interference-plus-noise ratio analysis and simulations show the feasibility and superiority of our proposed algorithms.
KeywordsIDMA Carrier frequency offsets Soft interference cancelation SINR
- 1.Ping, L., Liu, L., & Leung, W. (2003). A simple approach to near-optimal multiuser detection: interleave-division multiple-access. In Proceedings of wireless communications and networking conference (Vol. 1, pp. 391–396).Google Scholar
- 2.Hoeher, P. A., & Schoeneich, H. (2006). Interleave-division multiple access from a multiuser theory point of view. In Proceedings of 6th international ITG-conference on source and channel coding (pp. 1–5).Google Scholar
- 7.Schoeneich, H., Fricke, J. C., & Hoeher, P. A. (2005). Adaptive 4G uplink proposal based on interleave-division multiple access. In Proceedings of General Assembly of International Union of Radio Science.Google Scholar
- 8.Hoeher, P. A., & Xu, W. (2007). Multi-layer interleave-division multiple access for 3GPP Long Term Evolution. In Proceedings of IEEE international conference on communications (pp. 5508–5513).Google Scholar
- 9.Basharat, A., Khokhar, I.A., & Murtaza, S. (2008). CDMA versus IDMA for subscriber cell density. In Proceedings of international conference on innovations in information technology (pp. 520–524).Google Scholar
- 10.Liu, Y., Xiong, X., & Luo, Z. (2012). Effect of carrier frequency offsets on OFDM-IDMA systems. In Proceedings of international conference on consumer electronics, communications and networks (pp. 299–302).Google Scholar
- 12.Dang, J., Qu, F., Zhang, Z., & Yang, L. (2012). Experimental results on OFDM-IDMA communications with carrier frequency offsets. In Proceedings of MTS/IEEE OCEANS’12 (pp. 418–423).Google Scholar
- 15.Du, R., Wang, J., & Liu, F. (2012). Unitary-ESPRIT algorithm for carrier frequency offset estimation for interleaved OFDMA uplink systems. Wireless Personal Communications, doi:10.1007/s11277-012-0654-y.
- 19.Chang, A. C. (2012). Blind residual carrier frequency offset and timing offset estimation using improved minimum output variance approaches in uplink MC-CDMA Systems. Wireless Personal Communications, doi:10.1007/s11277-012-0933-7.
- 20.Schoeneich, H., & Hoeher, P. A. (2005). Semi-blind pilot-layer aided channel estimation with emphasis on interleave-division multiple access systems. In Proceedings of IEEE global telecommunications conference (pp. 3513–3517).Google Scholar
- 21.Novak, C., Matz, G., & Hlawatsch, F. (2008). A factor graph approach to joint iterative data detection and channel estimation in pilot-assisted IDMA transmissions. In Proceedings of IEEE international conference on acoustics, speech and signal processing (pp. 2697–2700).Google Scholar
- 22.Wang, Z., Hu, J., Xiong, X., & Song, J. (2012). Non-data-aided timing acquisition for asynchronous IDMA systems. Wireless Personal Communications, doi:10.1007/s11277-012-0621-7.