A Transmission Rate Control Algorithm Based on Non-cooperative Differential Game Model in Deep Space Networks
- 218 Downloads
Designing a fair and efficient rate allocation scheme to maximize network performance is a challenging issue for deep space networks. Transmission rate not only affects link signal quality, but also affects network performance. In this study, a novel rate allocation framework based on differential game to settle rate allocation problems among different sources in deep space networks is proposed, and rate allocation criteria based on feedback Nash equilibrium solution is formulated. Theoretical analysis and numerical simulation demonstrate our proposed optimal rate allocation scheme can be used to maximize network performance.
KeywordsDeep space networks Differential game Nash equilibrium Rate allocation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhou, X., Zhang, L., Cheng, Z., He, H., Wang, J., & Chen, Y. (2010). Hypernetwork model and architecture for deep space information networks. In Proceedings of IEEE ICFIT 2010, Changsha, China (pp. 8309–8317).Google Scholar
- 4.Sekhar, A., Manoj, B. S., & Murthy Siva Ram, C. (2004). MARVIN: Movement-aware routing over Interplanetary networks. In IEEE SECON 2004. 2004 First annual IEEE communications society conference on sensor and ad hoc communications and networks (pp. 245–254).Google Scholar
- 8.Wang, X. B., Zhou, X. W., & Song, J. D. (2011). Transmission power control and routing strategy based on differential games in deep space exploration. Wireless Personal Communications. doi:10.1007/s11277-011-0417-1.
- 13.Zhang, L., Zhou, X. W., & Guo, J. W. (2012). Noncooperative dynamic routing with bandwidth constraint in intermittently connected deep space information networks under scheduled contacts. Wireless Personal Communications. doi:10.1007/s11277-012-0507-8.
- 15.Fang J., Akan O. B. (2004) Performance of multimedia rate control protocols in InterPlaNetary Internet. IEEE Communications Letters 6(11): 478–480Google Scholar
- 16.Grieco L.A., Mascolo S. (2005) A congestion control algorithm for the deep space Internet. Space Communications 20: 155–160Google Scholar
- 19.Castro, M. A. V., Han, Z., Hjorungnes, A., & Marina, N. (2009). Rate allocation for satellite systems with correlated channels based on a Stackelberg game. In International conference on game theory for networks (pp. 638–645).Google Scholar
- 23.Yeung D. W. K., Petrosyan L. A. (2005) Cooperative stochastic differential games. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar