Performance Analysis of OFDM Repeater Networks with Spatial Fading Correlation
- 80 Downloads
This paper analyzes the performance of the OFDM diversity systems with the spatial fading correlation when the network includes an RF repeater. In case of OFDM transmission, since the combining scheme is usually employed in the frequency domain, the correlation between different subchannels should be considered. In a multipath channel, correlation varies over subchannels depending on the channel delay profile and the spatial correlation between each individual delayed paths. In this study, a multipath channel is constructed by the repeated signal instead of natural multipath due to cluttered environments and the system performance with spatial correlation per subcarrier is evaluated. Previously, it is reported that the effect of correlation can be reduced by the Time Shifted Sampling (TSS) technique which relies on the multipath diversity. Numerical results indicate that the TSS technique is also effective in reducing the effect of correlation for the multipath channels constructed by the repeaters.
KeywordsOFDM Spatial fading correlation Time Shifted Sampling Wireless repeater Amplify and forward
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Patwary, M. N., Rapajic, P. B., & Oppermann, I. (2005). Capacity and coverage increase with repeaters in UMTS urban cellular mobile communication environment. IEEE Transactions on Communications, 53(10).Google Scholar
- 2.Raulefs, R., & Damman, A. (2008). Repeating or relaying in wireless systems. In Proceedings of IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference pp. 506–510.Google Scholar
- 3.Qingyu, M., & Osseiran, A. (2008). Performance comparison between DF relay and RF repeaters in the cellular system. In Proc. IEEE Vehicular Tech. Conference (pp. 2021–2025).Google Scholar
- 4.Repeater issues for MBWA. IEEE 802.20 Working Group on Mobile Broadband Wireless Access.Google Scholar
- 7.Fulghum, T. L., Molnar, K. J.,& Duel-Hallen, A. (2002). Jakes Fading model for antenna arrays Incorporating Azimuth Spread. IEEE Transaction on Vehicular Technology, 51(5).Google Scholar
- 10.UTRA Repeater: Planning Guidelines and System Analysis. 3GPP TR 25.956.Google Scholar
- 12.Pajusco, P. (1998). Experimental Characterization of DOA at the base station in rural and urban area. In Proceedings of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference VTC 2003 Spring, 2, pp. 993–997.Google Scholar