Wireless Network Coding with Cooperative Diversity
- 132 Downloads
In this paper we integrate the ideas of network coding and relays into an existing practical network architecture used in a wireless network scenario. Specifically, we use the COPE architecture to test our ideas. Since previous works have focused on the communication aspect at the physical layer level, we attempt to take it one step further by including the MAC layer. Our idea is based on information theoretic concepts developed by Shannon in order to reliably apply network coding to increase the net throughput.
KeywordsNetwork coding Cooperative diversity COPE Cross-layer design Flat slow fading
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Alban, E., Magaña, M. E., & Ngyuen, T. (2008). Error propagation mitigation for wireless network coding. IWCMC 2008 Conference, Crete, Greece, August 6–8, 2008.Google Scholar
- 4.Cao, Y., & Vojcic, B. (2004). MMSE multiuser detection for cooperative diversity CDMA systems. In Proceedings IEEE wireless communications and networking conference (WCMC) 2004 (Vol. 1, pp. 42–47). March 2004.Google Scholar
- 6.De Couto, D. S. J., Aguayo, D., Bicket, J., & Morris, R. (2003). A high throughput path metric for multi-hop wireless routing. In Proceedings of ACM MobiCom, California, September 2003.Google Scholar
- 7.Fragouli, C., Katabi, D., Markopoulou, A., Medard M., & Rahul, H. (2007). Wireless network coding: Opportunities & challenges. MILCOM 2007, Oct. 2007.Google Scholar
- 8.Goldsmith A. (2005) Wireless communications. Cambridge University Press, NYGoogle Scholar
- 9.Katti, S., Katabi, D., Hu, W., Rahul, H. S., & Medard, M. (2005). The importance of being opportunistic: Practical network coding for wireless environments. In Proceedings of allerton conference on communications, control and computing.Google Scholar
- 10.Katti, S., Rahul, H., Hu, W., Katabi, D., Hu, W., Medard, M., & Crowcroft, J. (2006). XORs in the air: Practical wireless network coding. In Proceedings SIGCOMM’06, Sept. 2006.Google Scholar