Resource Allocation in Multi-channel Multi-user Relay System with Fairness Constraints
- 167 Downloads
In this paper, we derive optimal joint power allocation, subchannel pairing and scheduling strategies in multiple orthogonal channels multiple users wireless networks in the presence of a single regenerative relay node. Two models with users’ data rate request (fairness) constraint in different time domains are considered. The first one is called deterministic model in which each user’s data rate request has to be satisfied in each time slot t (named short term fairness constraint) and the second one is called stochastic model in which users have average data rate request (named long term fairness). In these two models the optimization problems of maximizing system capacity with total transmit power constraint and fairness constraint are formulated. The Lagrangian dual method is used to derive the optimal solution for deterministic model and in the stochastic model stochastic approximation and dual method are employed to find out the optimal algorithm. Both algorithms have polynomial times complexity, which is reduced significantly compared with the Exhaustive Search Method (ESM). Since Lagrangian dual method is utilized in both schemes, the dual gap is also analyzed. Furthermore, through the analysis and simulation, we see that the optimal resource allocation algorithm in stochastic model has better performance than that in the deterministic model for its ability to exploit temporal diversity.
KeywordsDeterministic Stochastic Wireless relay network OFDM Subchannel pairing Diversity Convex optimization Lagrange dual decomposition Stochastic approximation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Kivanc, D., & Liu, H. (2000). Subcarrier allocation and power control for OFDMA. In Thirty-fourth asilomar conference on signals, systems and computers (Vol. 1, pp. 147–151). USA, CA: Pacific Grove.Google Scholar
- 5.Kramer, G., Gastpar, M., & Gupta, P. (2003). Capacity theorems for wireless relay channels. In Annual allerton conference on communications, control, and computing (pp. 1074–1083).Google Scholar
- 8.Zhao, J., Hammerstroem, I., Kuhn, M., Wittneben, A., Herdin, M., & Bauch, G. (2007). Coverage analysis for cellular systems with multiple antennas using decode-and-forward relays. IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (pp. 944–948).Google Scholar
- 9.Kwak, R., & Cioffi, J. M. (2007). Resource-allocation for OFDMA multihop relaying downlink systems. IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (pp. 3226–3229).Google Scholar
- 16.Nam, W., Chang, W., Chuang, S. Y., & Lee, Y. (2007). Transmit optimization for relay-based cellular OFDMA systems. IEEE International Conference on Communications (pp. 5714–5719).Google Scholar
- 17.Li, Y., Wang, W., Kong, J., Hong, W., Zhang, X., & Peng, M. (2008). Power allocation and subcarrier pairing in OFDM-based relaying networks. In: IEEE International Conference on Communications (Vol. 6, pp. 2602–2606). Beijing, China.Google Scholar
- 18.Muller, C. (2007). Dynamic subcarrier bit and power allocation in OFDMA-based relay networks. International OFDM Workshop.Google Scholar
- 22.Li, H., Luo, H., Wang, X., & Li, C. (2009). Fairness-aware resource allocation in selective OFDMA cooperative relaying network. IEEE International Conference on Communications.Google Scholar
- 28.Kushner H., Yin G. (1997) Stochastic approximation algorithm and applications. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar