Diversity Analysis of Relay Selection Schemes for Two-Way Wireless Relay Networks
- 217 Downloads
One-way wireless relay networks have recently received a lot of attention due to their ability to provide spatial diversity in fading wireless environment. Moreover, performing single-relay selection is a very attractive method due to its cost effective implementation and superior performance. However, one-way relay networks with the half-duplex signalling suffer from a spectral efficiency loss. To overcome such a drawback, two-way wireless relay networks have been proposed and these are also the networks considered in this paper. The paper analyzes the diversity orders of various relay selection schemes, including the best-relay selection, best-worse-channel selection, and maximum-harmonic-mean selection. The analysis is done for the amplify-and-forward protocol and under the two-step and three-step transmission procedures. In particular, it is shown that full diversity orders of R and R + 1 can be achieved in a R-relay wireless network with the two-step and three-step procedures, respectively. Numerical and simulation results are provided to verify our analysis.
KeywordsCooperative diversity Two-way relay network Coding gain Relay selection Diversity order
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.Zhao Y., Adve R., Lim T. (2007) Improving amplify-and-forward relay networks: Optimal power allocation versus selection. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications 6: 3114–3123Google Scholar
- 13.Lee, N., Park, H., & Chun, J. (2008). Linear precoder and decoder design for two-way af MIMO relaying system. Proceedings of the IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference (pp. 1221–1225). May 2008.Google Scholar
- 15.Rankov, B., & Wittneben, A. (2006). Achievable rate regions for the two-way relay channel. Proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (pp. 1668–1672). July 2006.Google Scholar
- 16.Popovski, P., & Yomo, H. (2007). Physical network coding in two-way wireless relay channels. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (pp. 707–712). June 2007.Google Scholar
- 17.Cui, T., Gao, F., Ho, T., & Nallanathan, A. (2008). Distributed space-time coding for two-way wireless relay networks. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (pp. 3888–3892). May 2008.Google Scholar
- 18.Cui, T., Ho, T., & Kliewer, J. (2008). Memoryless relay strategies for two-way relay channels: Performance analysis and optimization. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications (pp. 1139–1143). May 2008.Google Scholar