Interference Suppression Consisting of Pre-distortion Filtering and Selective Transmit Diversity
In this paper we present and evaluate a pre-distortion (PD) scheme for the downlink of Wideband-code division multiple access (W-CDMA) systems considering a Rake in the receiver in order to exploit multipath diversity. Its performance is compared with schemes without the PD at the base station (BS), and combined with a transmit diversity (TD) scheme to improve the performance by exploiting spatial diversity. It is shown that the proposed PD scheme allows receivers (Mobile Stations) with very low complexity, contrarily to the case where a post-processing multi-user detector (MUD) approach is adopted to improve the performance. Therefore, the proposed PD scheme can be seen as an alternative to post-processing schemes.
KeywordsW-CDMA Pre-processing Selective transmit diversity Frequency-selective channels Downlink transmission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Silva M.M., Correia A. (2003). Joint multi-user detection and intersymbol interference cancellation for WCDMA satellite UMTS. Internation Jounal of Satellite Communications and Networking – Special Issue on Interference Cancellation 21:93–117, Wiley—invited paperGoogle Scholar
- 2.Silva, M. M., & Correia, A. (2000). MAI cancellation with commutation signaling. Proceedings of IEEE VTC’00, Tokyo, Japan, Spring 2000.Google Scholar
- 3.Silva, M. M., Correia, A., & Dinis, R. (2005) A decorrelating MUD approach for the downlink of UMTS considering a rake in the receiver – PIMRC 2005, Berlin, Germany, September 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.Glisic, S., & Vucetic, B. (1997). Spread spectrum CDMA systems for wireless communications. Artech House Publishers.Google Scholar
- 7.3GPP, 25.201-310—Physical Layer General Description.Google Scholar
- 8.3GPP, 25.211-370–Physical Channels and mapping of Transport Channels onto Physical Channels.Google Scholar
- 10.Hottinen, A., Tirkkonen, O., & Wichman, R. (2003). Multi-antenna transceiver techniques for 3G and behing. (Wiley ed.). England.Google Scholar
- 11.Silva, M. M., & Correia, A. (2002). Space time coding schemes for 4 or more antennas. Proceedings of IEEE PIMRC’02, Lisbon, Portugal, September 2002.Google Scholar
- 12.Correia A. (2003). Transmit diversity schemes for WCDMA. Journal of Wireless Personal Communications 25:64–85Google Scholar