Hybrid precoding for multiuser massive MIMO systems based on MMSE-PSO
- 63 Downloads
Hybrid Precoding has been adopted as a promising technology for 5th generation wireless communication systems. In this paper, we propose a hybrid precoding scheme based on minimum mean square error (MMSE) and particle swarm optimization (PSO) for multiuser massive multiple-input multiple-output systems. The closed-form solutions of baseband precoding and the combiner are solved by convex optimization method. Meanwhile, the MMSE between the transmitted signal and the received signal is considered as an objective function of PSO, and the radio frequency precoding is obtained by updating the global optimal positions of the particles. The simulation results show that the proposed hybrid MMSE-PSO precoding significantly improves achievable rate and the system reliability.
KeywordsMassive multiple-input multiple-output (Massive MIMO) Hybrid precoding Mean square error (MSE) Particle swarm optimization (PSO)
This work was supported by National Science and Technology Major Project No. 2017ZX03001021-005.
- 4.Nguyen, D. H. N., Le, L. B., & Le-Ngoc, T. (2016). Hybrid MMSE precoding for mmWave multiuser MIMO systems. In 2016 IEEE international conference on communications (ICC) (pp. 1–6). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 7.Cai, J., Rong, B., & Sun, S. (2016). A low complexity hybrid precoding scheme for massive MIMO system. In 2016 16th international symposium on communications and information technologies (ISCIT) (pp. 638–641). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 8.Cong, J., Li, X., & Zhu, Y. (2017). Hybrid precoding for multi-user mmWave systems based on MMSE criterion. In 2017 23rd Asia-Pacific conference on communications (APCC) (pp. 1–5). IEEE.Google Scholar
- 10.Payami, S., Ghoraishi, M., & Dianati, M. (2018). Hybrid beamforming for downlink massive MIMO systems with multiantenna user equipment. In Vehicular technology conference. IEEE.Google Scholar
- 13.Ha, V. N., Nguyen, D. H. N., & Frigon, J.-F. (2018). Energy-efficient hybrid precoding for mmWave multi-user systems. In 2018 IEEE international conference on communications (ICC) (pp. 1–6).Google Scholar
- 14.He, S., Qi, C., Wu, Y., et al. (2016). Energy-efficient transceiver design for hybrid sub-array architecture MIMO systems. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications,4, 9895–9905.Google Scholar
- 15.Ma, C., Shi, J., Huang, N., et al. (2016). Energy-efficient hybrid precoding for millimeter wave systems in MIMO interference channels. In Vehicular technology conference. IEEE.Google Scholar