Carrier to interference ratio analysis in shotgun cellular systems over a generalized shadowing distribution
- 37 Downloads
Shotgun cellular systems (SCSs) are wireless communication systems with randomly placed base stations (BSs) over the entire plane according to a two-dimensional Poisson point process. Such a system can model a dense cellular or wireless data network deployment, where the BS locations end up being close to random due to constraints other than optimal coverage. SCSs have been studied by considering path-loss and independent shadowing paths between BS to mobile station (MS) pairs in the channel models. In this paper, we consider correlated shadowing paths between BS to MS pairs as a most important factor, and analyze the carrier to interference ratio (CIR), in a SCS over this correlation, and determine an expression for distribution of CIR, and obtain the tail probability of the CIR.
KeywordsCellular radio Random cellular deployment Shotgun cellular systems Carrier to interference Shadow fading Correlation
- 1.Madhusudhanan, P., Restrepo, J. G., Liu, Y., Brown, T. X., & Baker, K. (2010). Generalized carrier to interference ratio analysis for the shotgun cellular system in multiple dimensions. CoRR, Vol. abs/1002.3943.Google Scholar
- 2.Madhusudhanan, P., Restrepo, J. G., Liu, Y. E., Brown, T. X., & Baker, K. (2009). Carrier to interference ratio analysis for the shotgun cellular system. In Proceeding of the global telecommunications conference (GLOBECOM’09), Honolulu, USA. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2009.5425785.
- 10.Monserrat, J., Fraile, R., Cardona, N., & Gozalvez, J. (2005). Effect of shadowing correlation modeling on the system level performance of adaptive radio resource management techniques. In Proceedings of the international symposium on wireless communication systems (ISWCS’05), Siena, Italy. https://doi.org/10.1109/ISWCS.2005.1547743.
- 11.Yamamoto, K., Kusuda, A., & Yoshida, S. (2006). Impact of shadowing correlation on coverage of multihop cellular systems. In Proceedings of the IEEE international conference on communications (ICC’06), Istanbul, Turkey. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2006.255354.
- 12.Hi, R., Zhong, Z., Ai, B., & Oestges, C. (2015). Shadow fading correlation in high-speed railway environments. IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 64(7), 2762–2772.Google Scholar