Mutant of a Xylanase-producing Strain of Aspergillus niger in Solid State Fermentation by Low Energy Ion Implantation
- 127 Downloads
In order to obtain an industrial strain with higher xylanase production, the original strain of Aspergillus niger was mutated by N+ implantation (10 keV, 1.04 · 1015–2.08 · 1015 ions/cm2), and a mutant P602 was obtained. The mutant showed xylanase production increased from 2989 to 6320 IU/g and the fermentation time was decreased from 72 h to 64 h. The fermentation temperature range was 28–32 °C which was a little wider than the original strain.
KeywordsAspergillus niger ions implantation mutant solid state fermentation xylanase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Amany, L.K., Zeina, A.N. 2004Xylanase and mannanase enzymes from Streptomyces galbus NR and their use in bioleaching of softwood kraft pulpAntonie van Leeuwenhoek85103114Google Scholar
- Ge, C.M., Gu, S.B., Zhou, X.H., Yao, J.M., Pan, R.R., Yu, Z.L. 2004Breeding of L(+)-lactic acid producing strain by low-energy ionsJournal of Microbiology and Biotechnology14363366Google Scholar
- Gustavo, V.G., Ernesto, F.T., Cristobal, N.A., Sergio, R.G., Gerardo, D.G., Christopher, A. 2003Advantages of fungi enzyme production in solid state over liquid fermentationBiochemical Engineering Journal13157167Google Scholar
- Jian, Z.G. & Wang, Z.X. 1992 Laboratory Technical Handbook of Industry Microorganisms, p. 391. JiangSu, China. China Light Industrial Press: ISBN 7-5019-1584-9/TS·1034.Google Scholar
- Miller, G.L. 1959Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugarAnalytical Chemistry31426428Google Scholar
- Park, Y.S., Kang, S.W., Lee, J.S., Hong, S.I., Kim, S.W. 2002Xylanase production in solid state fermentation by Aspergillus niger mutant using statistical experimental designsApplied Microbiology and Biotechnology58761766Google Scholar
- Wagner, W.C. 1992A brief introduction to advanced surface modification technologiesThe Journal of Oral Implantology18231235Google Scholar
- Wilaithong, T., Yu, L.D., Alisi, C., Phanchaisri, B., Apavatjrut, P., Anuntalabhochai, S. 2000A study of low energy ion beam effects on outer plant cell structure for exogenous macromolecule transferringSurface and Coating Technology XX128–129133138Google Scholar
- Yu, Z.L. 1998Introduction of Ion Beam Biotechnology, pp. 223–250. AnHui, China. AnHui Scientific and Technical Publishers: ISBN 7-5337-1736-8/Q·25.Google Scholar
- Yuan, C.L., Wang, J., Yun, S., Gong, G.H., Yao, J.M., Yu, Z.L. 2002Production of arachidonic acid byMortierella alpine I49-N18Food Technology and Biotechnology40311315Google Scholar