Wide-Band Optical Frequency Hopping Using Digital Chaos
A wide-band optical frequency hopping (FH) scheme is proposed and analyzed using hyper digital chaos, where the chaotic sequences are applied to encrypt the original data in physical layer during transmission. The multi-fold data encryption is achieved based on the dynamic generation of the optical carrier frequency, FH rate as well as the available frequency set respectively. A hyper digital chaos is used to generate the multiple, independent chaotic sequences for the proposed data encryption, as a result, a huge key space of 1058 is provided to enhance the security. The performances of data transmission and security enhancement against various attacks are evaluated in details.
KeywordsOptical communication Signal processing Frequency hopping Data encryption Security Digital chaos
This work was supported in part by International S&T Cooperation Program of China, 2016YFE0104500, Natural Science Foundation of China under Grants 61571291, 61431009 and 61221001.
- 1.Wang, S., Chen, W., Zhu, N., Liu, J., Wang, W., & Guo, J. (2015). A novel optical frequency-hopping scheme for secure WDM optical communications. IEEE Photonics Journal, 7(3), 1–8.Google Scholar
- 2.Cui, Y., Hua, X., Chen, X., Zhang, S., & Li, H. (2014). Performance analysis of variable rate frequency hopping system with signal parameter estimation. The Journal of Computer Information Systems, 10(24), 10379–10388.Google Scholar
- 7.Torrieri, D. J. (1985). Principles of secure communication systems. Artech House, Inc., 56(4), 136–136.Google Scholar
- 9.Tan, J., & Stuber, G. L. (2003). Anti-jamming performance of multi-carrier spread spectrum with constant envelope”, IEEE International Conference on Communications. ICC '03, Vol. 1, pp. 743–747.Google Scholar
- 11.Yan, Y., Quan, H., & Cui, P. (2012). Research on follower jamming of FH communication. 2012 International Conference on Computer Technology and Science, 47, 247–252.Google Scholar
- 12.Yang, B., Shen, Y., Zhang, H., & Huang, B. (2008). Influence of directed tracking jamming on short-wave frequency hopping system and anti-jamming tactic of the system. Shipboard Electronic Countermeasure, 31(4), 65–69.Google Scholar