Top Down Implementation of Joint MODEM and CODEC Transceiver Design for DSRC Coded-FSK Systems Over High Mobility Fading Channels
- 352 Downloads
The joint detection and verification of frequency shift keying (FSK) modulation and demodulation (MODEM), Manchester coding and decoding (CODEC) schemes are proposed for dedicated short range communication (DSRC) systems over high mobility fading channels. The proposed joint coded-FSK detection scheme with low complexity advantage can outperform the conventional separated coded-FSK detection scheme. It is due to the joint scheme with time diversity gain to enhance the detection performance. Moreover, the proposed joint algorithms with floating-point and fixed-point designs are realized in the software-defined-ratio (SDR) platform. Based on the measurement results via SDR equipments, it is confirmed that the implementation of VHDL hardware circuit design of the proposed joint detection scheme can provide robust performance over high mobility Rician multipath fading channel environment.
KeywordsFrequency Shift Keying (FSK) modem Dedicated Short Range Communication (DSRC) Coding and Decoding (CODEC) Software-Defined-Ratio (SDR)
This work was sponsored by the National Science Council, R.O.C., under Contract NSC 101-2220-E-155-006 and NSC 102-2218-E-155-001. The authors express their gratitude to Editor and reviewers for their helpful comments and suggestions in improving the quality of this paper.
- 1.Sasho, N, et al. (2008). “Single-Chip 5.8 GHz DSRC transceiver with dual-mode of ASK and Pi/4-QPSK,” IEEE Radio and Wireless Symposium, 799–802.Google Scholar
- 4.Ho, K. Y., Kang, P. C., Hsu, C. H. and Lin, C. H. (2010). “Implementation of WAVE/DSRC devices for vehicular communications,” International Symposium on Computer Communication Control and Automation, 522–525.Google Scholar
- 5.ML5800 Datasheet, “5.8GHz low-IF 1.5Mbps FSK transceiver”, Micro Linear Corporation, Mar. 2004. [Online]. Available: http://www.microlinear.com
- 6.ML5830 Datasheet, “Low power integrated 5.8GHz ASK/FSK transmitter”, Micro Linear Corporation. [Online]. Available: http://www.microlinear.com
- 7.Rice Univ. Wireless Open-Access Research Platform Project. [Online]. Available: http://warp.rice.edu/
- 9.Umemoto (2001). “An experimental DSRC multimode terminal using software defined radio technology,” IEEE Radio and Wireless Conference, 165–168.Google Scholar
- 10.Bakhraiba, A., et al. (2008). “Digital modulation identification in terms of software defined radio for traffic management system,” IEEE National Conference on Telecommunication Technologies, 278–283.Google Scholar
- 11.Mar, J., Kuo, C. C. and Chou, S. H. (2012) “FPGA implementation of SDR based CFO estimation and compensation circuit for OFDM system,” Journal of Signal Processing System, DOI 10.1007/s11265-011-0621-y, 141–146.
- 12.Proakis, J. G., Salehi, M. and Bauch, G. (2007). Contemporary Communication Systems Using MATLAB, PWS Publishing Company, 314–320.Google Scholar
- 14.Elektrobit Propsim C2 hardware channel emulator. [Online]. Available: http://www.propsim.com