Lattice of normal subgroups of a group of local isometries of the boundary of a spherically homogeneous tree
- 32 Downloads
We describe the structure of the lattice of normal subgroups of the group of local isometries of the boundary of a spherically homogeneous tree LIsom ∂T. It is proved that every normal subgroup of this group contains its commutant. We characterize the quotient group of the group LIsom ∂T by its commutant.
KeywordsNormal Subgroup Rooted Tree Quotient Group Isometry Group Homogeneous Tree
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. I. Sushchanskii, Normal Structure of Isometry Groups of Semifinite Baire Metrics. Infinite Groups and Related Algebraic Structures [in Russian], Institute of Mathematics, Ukrainian National Academy of Sciences, Kiev (1993).Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Muntyan and V. I. Sushchansky, Normal Structure of the Big Group of a Spherical Homogeneous Rooted Tree, Preprint, TAMU (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. V. Lavrenyuk and V. I. Sushchanskii, “Normal structure of a group of local isometries of the boundary of a spherically homogeneous tree,” Dopov. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., No. 3, 20–24 (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.Ya. Lavrenyuk, “Classification of the local isometry groups of rooted tree boundaries,” Algebra Discrete Math., No. 1 (2007).Google Scholar
- 10.Ya. V. Lavrenyuk and V. I. Sushchansky, “Automorphisms of homogeneous symmetric groups and hierarchomorphisms of rooted trees,” Alg. Discrete Math., No. 4, 33–49 (2003).Google Scholar
- 12.A. G. Kurosh, The Theory of Groups [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1967).Google Scholar