Generalized golden sections and a new approach to the geometric definition of a number
- 82 Downloads
We consider applications of generalized golden sections to the geometric definition of a number and establish new properties of natural numbers that follow from this approach.
KeywordsNatural Number Golden Section Geometric Definition
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. P. Stakhov, Introduction to Algorithmic Measurement Theory [in Russian], Sovetskoe Radio, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.A. P. Stakhov, “The golden section in the measurement theory,” Comput. Math. Appl., 17, No.4–6, 613–638 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Bergman, “A number system with an irrational base,” Math. Mag., No. 31, 98–119 (1957).Google Scholar
- 4.A. P. Stakhov, “‘Golden’ section in digital technology,” Avtomat. Vychisl. Tekhn., No. 1, 27–33 (1980).Google Scholar
- 5.A. P. Stakhov, Codes of Golden Ratio [in Russian], Radio i Svyaz’, Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Vorob’ev, Fibonacci Numbers [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.E. V. Hoggat, Fibonacci and Lucas Numbers, Houghton-Mifflin, Palo Alto (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.A. P. Stakhov, V. Massingua, and A. A. Sluchenkova, Introduction to Fibonacci Coding and Cryptography, Osnova, Kharkov (1999).Google Scholar
- 9.V. M. Chernov and M. V. Pershina, “Fibonacci-Mersenne and Fibonacci-Fermat discrete transforms,” Bol. Inform. Golden Section: Theory Appl., No. 9–10, 25–31 (1999).Google Scholar
- 10.A. P. Stakhov and I. S. Tkachenko, “Fibonacci hyperbolic trigonometry,” Dokl. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., Issue 7, 9–14 (1993).Google Scholar
- 11.A. P. Stakhov, “A generalization of the Fibonacci Q-matrix,” Dopov. Nats. Akad. Nauk Ukr., No. 9, 46–49 (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.A. P. Stakhov, “Brousentsov’s ternary principle, Bergman’s number system and ternary mirror-symmetrical arithmetic,” Comput. J., 45, No.2, 231–236 (2002).Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, Inc. 2004