Nano-Structured Metal Chalcogenides as Reagents for the Catalytic Carbon–Sulfur Bond Formation in Cross-Coupling Reaction
- 374 Downloads
A new approach for the catalytic carbon–sulfur bond formation via cross-coupling reaction is reported. For the first time nano-structured nickel organosulfides [Ni(SAr)2] n were used as a source of SAr groups in catalytic cross-coupling reaction. A unique effect of morphology control of the reactivity of SAr groups in cross-coupling reaction was found. Synthesized nano-structured particles were characterized by field-emission scanning electron microscopy and their reactivity was studied by NMR in solution. Cross-coupling reaction with Cu catalyst was shown to proceed in the liquid phase and involve leaching, whereas the reaction with Pd catalyst is more complex and may involve both—homogeneous and heterogeneous pathways.
KeywordsMetal chalcogenides Nanoparticles C–S bond formation Catalysis Cross-coupling Field-emission SEM
The work was supported in part by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (Projects No. 13-03-01210 and 12-03-31512), grant MD-4969.2012.3, the Ministry of education and science of Russian Federation (Project 8453) and Programs of Division of Chemistry and Material Sciences of RAS.
- 1.Negishi E (ed) (2002) Handbook of organopalladium chemistry for organic synthesis. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 2.Diederich F, Stang PJ (eds) (2004) Metal-catalyzed cross-coupling reactions. Wiley-VCH, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- 3.Nicolaou KC, Sorensen EJ (eds) (1996) Classics in total synthesis. Wiley-VCH, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- 4.Nicolaou KC, Snyder SA (eds) (2003) Classics in total synthesis II. Wiley-VCH, WeinheimGoogle Scholar
- 5.Cremlyn RJ (1996) An introduction to organosulfur chemistry. Wiley, ChichesterGoogle Scholar
- 6.Bernardi F, Csizmadia IG, Mangini A (eds) (1985) Organic sulfur chemistry: theoretical and experimental advances, vol 19. Elsevier, AmsterdamGoogle Scholar
- 7.Block E (1978) Reactions of organosulfur compounds. Academic Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 22.Dey S, Jain VK (2004) Platinum Metals Rev 48:16–29Google Scholar