Thermal Ageing Induced Effects on Pd/LaFeO3 for NOx Reduction by Hydrocarbons: Influence of the Preparation Method
- 225 Downloads
The influence of the support synthesis for the preparation of supported Pd/LaFeO3 perovskite based catalysts and the nature of the palladium precursor on the catalytic performances in the selective reduction of NO to N2 by hydrocarbons have been investigated. According to the preparation method, subsequent surface and bulk characterisation revealed significant changes in the degree of dispersion and the chemical environment of oxidic palladium species depending on the extent of interaction with the support. Pd nitrate precursor leads to the stabilisation of the Pd surface concentration. The metal support interactions thus obtained strongly enhance the catalytic performances, particularly the resistance to thermal ageing whereas sol–gel synthesis produces the higher support activity.
KeywordsdeNOx Perovskite Selective catalytic reduction by hydrocarbons HC-SCR Pd/LaFeO3
We gratefully acknowledge Mrs L. Burylo, Mrs M. Frere and Dr. L. Gengembre who conducted XRD and XPS measurements.
- 1.Regulation (EC) No 715/2007 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2007 on type approval of motor vehicles with respect to emissions from light passenger and commercial vehicles (Euro 5 and Euro 6) and on access to vehicle repair and maintenance informationGoogle Scholar
- 5.Tanaka H, Tan I, Sato N, Narita K, Kimura M, Uenishi M, Kajita N, Taniguchi M (2003) SAE Technical Paper Series 2003-01-0813Google Scholar
- 10.Briggs D, Seah MP (1990) Practical surface analysis, vol 1, 2nd edn. Wiley, ChichesterGoogle Scholar
- 12.Uenishi M, Taniguchi M, Tanaka H, Kimura M, Nishihata Y, Mizuki J, Kobayashi T (2004) Appl Catal B 57:265Google Scholar
- 13.Binet C, Jadi A, Lavalley J-C (1989) J Chim Phys Phys Chim Biol 86:451Google Scholar