Three silver coordination polymers constructed from 4,4′-bipyridine-like ligands and 2,5-thiophenedicarboxylic acid: crystal structures and photocatalytic performances
- 50 Downloads
Three coordination polymers (CPs), formulated as [Ag(bpy)]2(tdc)·4H2O (BUC-78), [Ag(bpe)]2(tdc)·6H2O (BUC-79) and [Ag(bpp)]2(tdc)·8H2O (BUC-80) have been synthesized from the reactions between AgNO3, 4,4′-bipyridine (bpy),1,2-bis(4-pyridyl)ethylene (bpe),1,3-bis(4-pyridyl)propane (bpp) and 2,5-thiophenedicarboxylic acid (tdc) by slow evaporation at room temperature. The X-ray crystal structures of all three CPs were determined, revealing that they are all comprised of 1D infinite cationic [Ag(L)] chains interspersed with discrete deprotonated tdc2− counterions. These CPs exhibit good photocatalytic performances for the degradation of methylene blue and rhodamine B, giving up to 97% degradation under UV irradiation within 120 min. A possible photocatalytic mechanism is proposed, based on the results of active species capture experiments.
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (51578034), Great Wall Scholars Training Program Project of Beijing Municipality Universities (CIT&TCD20180323), Project of Construction of Innovation Teams and Teacher Career Development for Universities and Colleges Under Beijing Municipality (IDHT20170508), Beijing Talent Project (2018A35), the Fundamental Research Funds for Beijing Universities and Scientific Research Foundation of Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture (KYJJ2017033& KYJJ2017008) and The Fundamental Research Funds for Beijing Universities (X18076/X18076).
- 2.Haj MA, Aakeröy CB, Desper J (2012) Silver(I) coordination chemistry: from 1-D chains to molecular rectangles. New J Chem 37(1):204–211Google Scholar
- 11.Zhang J, Wang CC, Wang P, Guo XX, Gao SJ (2016) Silver-based coordination complexes of carboxylate ligands: crystal structures, luminescence and photocatalytic properties. Transit Met Chem 41(6):1–9Google Scholar
- 19.SMART BA (2000) Version 5.611. Bruker AXS, MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 20.SAINT BA (2003) Version 6.28. Bruker AXS, MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 21.Sheldrick G (2000) SADABS, version 2.03. Bruker Analytical X-Ray Systems. Inc, MadisonGoogle Scholar
- 22.Sheldrick G (1997) SHELX-97: programs for crystal structure analysis. Göttingen, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 23.Yu J-H, Ding C-J, Han K-F, Zhang S-W, Guo H-Y (2006) Synthesis, crystal structure and optical properties of a novel organic-inorganic hybrid material [Ag(bpp)]2(tdc)·8H2O. Chin J Inorg Chem 22(4):607–611Google Scholar