Synthesis, Characterization and Anti-oxidative Activity of Cobalt(II), Nickel(II) and Iron(II) Schiff Base Complexes
- 147 Downloads
Six complexes, M(HL)2 · nH2O (M=Co, Ni and Fe; n=4) with two ligands, 2-carboxy-benzaldehydebenzoylhydrazone (H2L1) and 2-carboxybenzaldehyde-(4′-methoxy)benzoylhydrazone (H2L2), have been synthesized and characterized on the basis of elemental analyses, molar conductivities, i.r. spectra and thermal analyses. In addition, the suppression ratio for O2- (a) and the suppression ratio for OH· (b) were determined with a 72 spectrophotometer. The 50% inhibition [IC50 (a) and IC50 (b)] of the complexes were studied. This study demonstrated that the complexes have activity in the suppression of O2- (a) and OH· (b). In general, the antioxidative activities increased as the concentration of these complexes increased up to a selected extent. The complexes exhibit more effective antioxidants than the ligands and the series of the ligand (H2L2) are better than the series of the ligand (H2L1) do.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Proctor, P.H., Reynolds, E.S. 1984Physiol. Chem. Phys. Med. NMR16175Google Scholar
- 12.Yang, Z.Y., Yang, R.D. 2002J. Rare Earths20366Google Scholar
- 13.Gardner, J.H., Naylor, C.A.,Jr 1951Org. Synth.2523Google Scholar
- 14.Winterbourn, C.C. 1979Biochem. J.182625Google Scholar
- 15.Winterbourn, C.C. 1981Biochem. J.198125Google Scholar
- 16.Nakamoto, K. 1976Infrared and Raman Spectra Inorganic and Coordination CompoundsJohn WileyNew YorkChapter 3Google Scholar