Visible Light Photocatalytic Oxidation of Ethanol Vapor on Titanium Dioxide Modified with Noble Metals
- 120 Downloads
The kinetics of photocatalytic oxidation of ethanol vapors under visible light ( \( \lambda \) > 420 nm) on the TiO2 modified with noble metal (Au and Ag) and ions (Pt, Pd and Ru) is studied. The effect of the modificator on the activity of Au/TiO2 and Pt/TiO2 photocatalysts is studied. The optimum metal content is ~1 wt.%. The quantum efficiency is calculated for all the samples. The photocatalytic activity of the studied samples is compared with activity of the commercial sample of Kronos vlp7000. The dependence of Ag/TiO2 catalytic activity on the silver ion reduction method is shown.
Key wordsphotocatalysis visible light titanium dioxide ethanol
This work was carried out in the framework of Base Budget Project No. V 44.2.11 with the financial support by RF President Grant MK-3141.2015.3.
- 10.Z. Yang, J. Li, H. Zhang, et al., Catal. Sci. Technol. (2015), Advance Article, DOI: 10.1039/c4cy01384k.
- 11.J. Choi, H. Park, and M. R. Hoffmann, J. Phys. Chem. C, 114, 783–792 (2010).Google Scholar
- 12.S. Ismat Shah, C. P. Huang, J. G. Chen, et al., NSF Nanoscale Sci. and Eng. Grantees Conference, Dec. 16–18, 003, Grant No. 0210284.Google Scholar
- 16.A. A. Gorenberg, New Nanobiomaterials from Titanium Dioxide and Their Use as Photocatalysts [in Russian], Dissertation in competition for the academic degree of Candidate of the Chemical Sciences, Moscow (2009).Google Scholar
- 22.A. I. Kryukov, A. L. Stroyuk, C. Ya. Kuchmii, and V. D. Pokhodenko, Nanophotocatalysis, V. G. Koshechko ed.), Akademperiodika, Kiev (2013).Google Scholar
- 24.H. Gerischer and A. Heller, J. Phys. Chem., 95, 5261–5267 (1991).Google Scholar
- 25.T. Kobayashi, H. Yoneyama, and H. Tamura, J. Electrochem. Soc., 103, 1706–1711 (1983).Google Scholar
- 28.P. A. Kolinko and D. V. Kozlov, Environ. Sci. Technol., 42, 4350–4355 (2008). 103Google Scholar