Photophysical properties of CdSe/ZnS quantum dot–porphyrin surface complexes in aqueous media
- 139 Downloads
We have studied complexes between CdSe/ZnS quantum dots and metal-free porphyrin molecule in aqueous solution and in human blood plasma. We have established that in aqueous solution, transition of the porphyrin to a stable form occurs 2-5 h after formation of the complexes. We have observed that the porphyrin molecules react with the components of the blood plasma, which hinders direct formation of complexes between them and quantum dots in this medium. When previously prepared complexes between quantum dots and porphyrin molecules are added to the blood plasma, they partially dissociate. In aqueous solutions and in human blood plasma, we observe efficient intracomplex transfer of the photoexcitation energy from the quantum dots to the porphyrin molecules.
Key wordsquantum dot metal-free porphyrin complex luminescence human blood plasma energy transfer
We would like to thank Professor M. L. Gel’fond (Doctor of Medical Sciences, N. N. Petrov Research Institute of Oncology) for providing the human blood plasma. This work was done with the financial support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation (government contracts No. 14.740.11.1366, No. 11.519.11.3020, and No. 11.519.11.3026) and also the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (grants 12-02-01263-a and 12-02-00938-a).
- 3.V. Maslov, A. Orlova, and A. Baranov, Photosensitizers in Medicine, Environment, and Security, T. Nyokong and V. Ahsen (eds.), Springer, Dordrecht (2012), pp. 355-393.Google Scholar
- 8.A. O. Orlova, V. G. Maslov, Yu. A. Toporova, et al., Ros. Nanotekhnol., 4, Nos. 11/12, 16-21 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.A. V. Baranov, A. O. Orlova, V. G. Maslov, et al., J. Appl. Phys., 108, 074306(1-5) (2010).Google Scholar
- 10.A. V. Fedorov and A. V. Baranov, Optics of Nanostructures [in Russian], A. V. Fedorov (ed.), Nedra, St. Petersburg (2005).Google Scholar
- 11.A. V. Fedorov, I. D. Rukhlenko, A. V. Baranov, and S. Yu. Kruchinin, Optical Properties of Semiconductor Quantum Dots [in Russian], Nauka, St. Petersburg (2011).Google Scholar
- 20.A. O. Orlova, V. G. Maslov, I. E. Skaletskaya, and A. V. Baranov, Opt. Spektroskop., 101, No. 4, 616-623 (2006).Google Scholar
- 21.A. O. Orlova, V. G. Maslov, A. V. Baranov, et al., Opt. Spektroskop., 105, No. 5, 794-800 (2008).Google Scholar
- 23.A. O. Orlova, M. S. Gubanova, V. G. Maslov, et al., Opt. Spektroskop., 108, No. 6, 975-982 (2010).Google Scholar
- 24.A. F. Mironov, Sorovsk. Obrazovat. Zh., 8, 32-40 (1996).Google Scholar
- 25.V. L. Ermolaev, E. N. Bodunov, E. B. Sveshnikova, and T. A. Shakhverdov, Nonradiative Transfer of Electronic Excitation Energy [in Russian], Nauka, Leningrad (1977).Google Scholar
- 27.V. G. Maslov, Opt. Spektroskop., 50, No. 6, 1091-1099 (1981).Google Scholar
- 28.E. Z. Chong, D. R. Matthews, H. D. Summers, et al., J. Biomed. Biotechnol., Article ID 54169, DOI: 10.1155/2007/54169 (2007).