Spectral indications of interaction of functionalized photochromic compounds with Ag and Au nanoparticles
- 138 Downloads
A comparative investigation of the photochromism of photochromic spiropyrans, spirooxazines, and diarylethenes in solutions and in solid-phase films in the absence and in the presence of silver and gold nanoparticles was undertaken by a kinetic spectral method. On the basis of the experimental data it was concluded that hybrid photochromic nanoparticles of the core–shell type can be obtained as a result of chemical reaction of functionalized molecules with the nanoparticles of noble metals.
Key wordsphotochromism silver and gold nanoparticles spectroscopy spiropyrans spirooxazines diarylethenes
The work was carried out with support from the Russian Fundamental Research Fund (project No. 10-03-90023-Bel_a) and the Federal Target Program (State contract No. 16.513.11.3077).
- 2.B. L. Feringa (ed.), Molecular Switches, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.N. L. Zaichenko, L. S. Kol’tsova, A. I. Shienok, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 11, 2530–2533 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.M. M. Krayushkin, B. V. Lichitskii, A. A. Dudinov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 5, 1023–1025 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.M. M. Krayushkin, B. V. Lichitskii, A. A. Dudinov, et al., Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., No. 11, 2072–2074 (2010).Google Scholar
- 7.A. V. Laptev, A. Yu. Lukin, N. E. Belikov, et al., Khim. Vysok. Energ., 44, 239–243 (2010).Google Scholar
- 9.G. Frens, Nature Phys. Sci., 241, 20–22 (1973).Google Scholar
- 10.V. A. Barachevskii, G. I. Lashkov, and V. A. Tsekhomskii, Photochromism and Its Application [in Russian], Khimiya, Moscow (1977).Google Scholar
- 11.R. C. Bertelson, Organic Photochromic and Thermochromic Compounds, Plenum Press, New York, London (1999), Vol. 1, pp. 11–76.Google Scholar
- 13.O. A. Vinter, O. V. Venidiktova, L. S. Kol’tsova, et al., Khim. Fiz., 28, 3–9 (2009).Google Scholar