Kinetic and quantum-chemical investigation of fac→mer isomerization of cobalt(III) trisaminoethoxide
- 42 Downloads
The kinetics of the fac→mer isomerization of cobalt(III) trisaminoethoxide were studied. The acceleration of the reaction with decrease of the pH of the solution is explained by the formation of a reactive monoprotonated form of the complex. The direction of isomerization agrees with quantum-chemical calculations performed at the B3LYP/6-31G** level. The rate constants and activation parameters of the process were obtained. The mechanism of isomerization is discussed.
Key wordscobalt aminoethoxides isomerization kinetics structure quantum-chemical calculations
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. V. Udovenko and O. N. Stepanenko, Zh. Neorgan. Khim., 14, No.6, 1581–1585 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.A. P. Gulya, Yu. V. Kokunov, S. G. Shova, et al., Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR, 305, No.9, 627–631 (1989).Google Scholar
- 3.O. N. Stepanenko and L. G. Reiter, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 58, No.12, 1047–1052 (1992).Google Scholar
- 4.O. N. Stepanenko, V. V. Trachevskii, and O. P. Kachorovskaya, Koordinats. Khim., 27, No.3, 193–197 (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.M. J. Frisch, G. W. Trucks, H. B. Schlegel, et al., Gaussian, Pittsburgh, USA (1998).Google Scholar
- 6.O. N. Stepanenko and L. G. Reiter, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 69, No.6, 71–75 (2003).Google Scholar
- 7.V. V. Udovenko, L. G. Reiter, A. I. Sherstyuk, and O. N. Stepanenko, Koordinats. Khim., 4, No.9, 1396–1401 (1978).Google Scholar
- 8.V. V. Udovenko, L. G. Reiter, A. I. Sherstyuk, and O. N. Stepanenko, Koordinats. Khim., 4, No.11, 1706–1709 (1978).Google Scholar
- 9.F. Basolo and R. Pearson, Mechanisms of Inorganic Reactions [Russian translation], Mir, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar