Analysis of the BMAP/G/1 queue with gated service and adaptive vacations duration
- 217 Downloads
We consider a BMAP/G/1 type queueing model with gated service and duration of vacations depending on how many times in turn the system was empty at the previous vacation completion moments. We compute stationary distributions of the queue length at the embedded moments (vacation completions) and at arbitrary time as well as of a customer waiting time. The results of our analysis can be useful for determining strategy of adaptive choosing duration of sleep periods, e.g., in mobile networks where power consumption is an important issue.
KeywordsPerformance Queues applications Queues theory Telecommunications
The research is supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (grant no. 14-07-90015) and the Belarusian Republican Foundation for Fundamental Research (grant no. F14R-126).
- 3.Chakravarthy, S. R. (2001). The batch Markovian arrival process: A review and future work. In A. Krishnamoorthy, et al. (Eds.), Advances in probability theory and stochastic process: Proc (pp. 21–49). Branchburg, NJ: Notable Publications.Google Scholar
- 4.Cinlar, E. (1975). Introduction to stochastic process. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- 8.Kesten, H., & Runnenburg, J Th. (1956). Priority in waiting line problems. Amsterdam: Mathematisch Centrum.Google Scholar
- 14.Neuts, M. F. (1989). Structured stochastic matrices of M/G/1 type and their applications. New York: Marcel Dekker.Google Scholar
- 16.Takagi, H. (1991). Queueing analysis: A foundation of performance evaluation (Vol. 1). New York, NY: North-Holland.Google Scholar
- 18.van Danzig, D. (1955). Chaines de Markof dans les ensembles abstraits et applications aux processus avec regions absorbantes et au probleme des boucles. Ann. de l’Inst. H. Poincare, 14(fasc. 3), 145–199.Google Scholar
- 20.Vishnevsky, V., Dudin, A., Klimenok, V., Semenova, O., & Shpilev, S. (2012). Approximate method to study M/G/1-type polling system with adaptive polling mechanism. Quality Technology & Quantitative Management, 9, 211–228.Google Scholar
- 22.Vishnevsky, V., Semenova, O. Dudin, A., Klimenok, V. (2009). Queueing model with gated service and adaptive vacations. In IEEE International Conference on Communications Workshops, ICC-2009 14–18 June, Dresden, Germany.Google Scholar