Timing evaluation of MAC-layer error control on ARM9-based mobile embedded systems
- 75 Downloads
BCMCS (Broadcast and Multicast Services) are designed to provide media broadcast in cellular networks. In designing media broadcast protocols and systems, such as BCMCS, delay must be thoroughly considered because it is the key QoS parameter in multimedia applications. This paper investigate the forward error correction (FEC) delay using Reed-Solomon (RS) code related to the temporal behavior of Rayleigh fading. We implemented the evaluation framework for the RS decoding delay employing analytic and simulation-based approaches. An analytic method and a simulation approach are combined in a unified environment exploiting Java programming language, ARM9 processor simulator and Mathematica coupled together. This framework enables us to estimate various statistics required to ensure seamless multimedia services.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.CDMA2000 high rate broadcast-multicast packet data air interface specification. 3GPP2 Std. C.S0054-A Rev. 1.0, March 2006. Google Scholar
- 5.Cho, Y., Kang, K., & Shin, H. (2007). Seamless multimedia broadcasting over cdma2000 BCMCS networks. In Proceedings IEEE ICC (pp. 5628–5635). Google Scholar
- 6.Kang, K., Kim, C., Noh, D. K., & Ryu, J. (2008) Modeling the execution time of reed-solomon decoding on an ARM9-based mobile platform, In Proceedings of ICCCN/PMECT. Google Scholar
- 7.Blahut, R. E. (1983). Theory and practice of error control codes. Reading: Addison-Wesley. Google Scholar
- 15.Available: http://rscode.sourceforge.net.
- 16.Available: http://www.iar.com.