Cylindrical Kadomtsev-Petviashvili equation: Old and new results
- 117 Downloads
We review results on the cylindrical Kadomtsev-Petviashvili (CKP) equation, also known as the Johnson equation. The presentation is based on our results. In particular, we show that the Lax pairs corresponding to the KP and the CKP equations are gauge equivalent. We also describe some important classes of solutions obtained using the Darboux transformation approach. We present plots of exact solutions of the CKP equation including finite-gap solutions.
KeywordsJohnson equation soliton finite-gap solution Darboux transformation lump
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.V. D. Lipovskii, Izv. RAN Ser. Fiz. Atm. Okeana, 31, 664–871 (1995).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Leble and A. Sukhov, “On solutions of the Khokhlov-Zabolotskaya equation with KdV dispersion term,” in: Nonlinear Acoustics at the Turn of the Millennium (AIP Conf. Proc., Vol. 524, W. Lauterborn and T. Kurz, eds.), Amer. Inst. Phys., Melville, N. Y. (2000), p. 497–500.Google Scholar
- 7.B. B. Kadomtsev and V. I. Rydnik, Waves Around Us [in Russian], Znanie, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 11.M. A. Salle, Candidate’s dissertation, LGU, Leningrad (1983).Google Scholar
- 13.V. B. Matveev, Lett. Math. Phys., 3, 216–219 (1979).Google Scholar