Discrete Approximations of a Controlled Sweeping Process
- 200 Downloads
The paper is devoted to the study of a new class of optimal control problems governed by the classical Moreau sweeping process with the new feature that the polyhedral moving set is not fixed while controlled by time-dependent functions. The dynamics of such problems is described by dissipative non-Lipschitzian differential inclusions with state constraints of equality and inequality types. It makes challenging and difficult their analysis and optimization. In this paper we establish some existence results for the sweeping process under consideration and develop the method of discrete approximations that allows us to strongly approximate, in the W1,2 topology, optimal solutions of the continuous-type sweeping process by their discrete counterparts.
KeywordsOptimal control Sweeping process Moving controlled polyhedra Dissipative differential inclusions Discrete approximations Variational analysis.
Mathematics Subject Classifications (2010)49J52 49J53 49K24 49M25 90C30
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Adly, S., Haddad, T., Thibault, L.: Convex sweeping process in the framework of measure differential inclusions and evolution variational inequalities. Math. Program., to appear.Google Scholar
- 3.Attouch, H., Buttazzo, G., Michelle, G.: Variational Analysis in Sobolev and BV Spaces: Applications to PDEs and Optimization. SIAM, Philadelphia (2005)Google Scholar
- 7.Colombo, G., Henrion, R., Hoang, N.D., Mordukhovich, B.S.: Optimal control of the sweeping process over polyhedral controlled sets. preprint (2014)Google Scholar
- 8.Colombo, G., Thibault, L.: Prox-regular sets and applications. In: Gao, D. Y., Motreanu, D. (eds.) Handbook of Nonconvex Analysis. International Press, Boston (2010)Google Scholar
- 11.Kunze, M., Monteiro Marques, M.D.P.: An introduction to Moreau’s sweeping process. In: Impacts in Mechanical Systems, Lecture Notes in Phys., Vol. 551, pp 1–60. Springer, Berlin (2000)Google Scholar
- 16.Mordukhovich, B.S.: Variational Analysis and Generalized Differentiation, I: Basic Theory. Springer, Berlin (2006)Google Scholar
- 17.Mordukhovich, B.S.: Variational Analysis and Generalized Differentiation, II: Applications. Springer, Berlin (2006)Google Scholar
- 18.Moreau, J.J.: Rafle par un convexe variable I. Sém. Anal. Convexe Montpellier Exposé, 15 (1971)Google Scholar
- 20.Moreau, J.J.: An introduction to unilateral dynamics. In: Frémond, M., Maceri, F. (eds.) New Variational Techniques in Civil Engineering. Springer, Berlin (2002)Google Scholar
- 22.Smirnov, G.V.: Introduction to the Theory of Differential Inclusions, American Mathematical Society, Providence, RI (2002)Google Scholar