Parallel SUMIS soft detector for large MIMO systems on multicore and GPU
- 55 Downloads
The number of transmit and receiver antennas is an important factor that affects the performance and complexity of a MIMO system. A MIMO system with very large number of antennas is a promising candidate technology for next generations of wireless systems. However, the vast majority of the methods proposed for conventional MIMO system are not suitable for large dimensions. In this context, the use of high-performance computing systems, such us multicore CPUs and graphics processing units has become attractive for efficient implementation of parallel signal processing algorithms with high computational requirements. In the present work, two practical parallel approaches of the Subspace Marginalization with Interference Suppression detector for large MIMO systems have been proposed. Both approaches have been evaluated and compared in terms of performance and complexity with other detectors for different system parameters.
KeywordsLarge MIMO systems SUMIS High-order constellation GPU Low-complexity detection
This work has been partially supported by the Spanish MINECO Grant RACHEL TEC2013-47141-C4-4-R, the PROMETEO FASE II 2014/003 Project and FPU AP-2012/71274.
- 3.Wang R, Giannakis GB (2004) Approaching MIMO channel capacity with reduced-complexity soft sphere decoding. In: Wireless Communications and Networking Conference, 2004. WCNC. 2004 IEEE vol 3, pp 1620–1625Google Scholar
- 6.Alberto Gonzalez C, Ramiro, M, Ángeles Simarro, Antonio M Vidal (2017) Parallel SUMIS soft detector for MIMO systems on multicore. In: Proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Computational and Mathematical Methods in Science and Engineering, pp 1729–1736Google Scholar
- 8.Kaipeng L, Bei Y, Michael W, Joseph RC, Christoph S (2015) Accelerating massive MIMO uplink detection on GPU for SDR systems. In: 2015 IEEE dallas circuits and systems conference (DCAS), pp 1–4Google Scholar
- 11.Intel MKL Reference Manual (2015) https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/mkl-reference-manual
- 12.cuBLAS Documentation (2015) http://docs.nvidia.com/cuda/cublas
- 14.CUDA Toolkit Documentation, Version 7.5 (2015) https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-toolkit
- 16.Senst M, Ascheid G, Lüders H (2010) Performance evaluation of the markov chain monte carlo MIMO detector based on mutual information. 2010 IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC), pp 1–6Google Scholar