Fast solution of electromagnetic scattering problems using Xeon Phi coprocessors
- 16 Downloads
Electromagnetic scattering problems can be solved by discretizing and transforming integral equations into matrix equations using the method of moments. In large-scale problems, the problem cannot be solved directly and needs to be solved using iterative methods, which use matrix vector products (MVP) to perform the iterative convergence to the solution. An efficient parallel implementation of MVP over Intel Xeon Phi coprocessor is proposed in this paper to speed up the solution of the scattering over a generalized minimal residual method. Using these manycore integrated processors, we can solve an electromagnetic scattering three-dimensional problem improving runtime on a coprocessor system.
KeywordsMIC Xeon Phi Electromagnetic scattering
This work was supported by the Spanish Government and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) (Project TEC2017-85376-C2-1-R) and by Junta de Extremadura and European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) (Project GR18055).
- 5.Kelley CT (1995) Iterative methods for linear and nonlinear equations. Soc Ind Appl MathGoogle Scholar
- 13.Lin Z, Chen Y, Zhao X, Garcia-Donoro D, Zhang Y, Zhang H (2017) Parallel higher-order method of moments with efficient out-of-GPU memory schemes for solving electromagnetic problems. ACES J 32(9):781–788Google Scholar
- 14.Poggio AJ, Miller EK (1973) Computer techniques for electromagnetics, Chap.4, R. Mittra (ed.). Pergamon Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- 17.Poggio AJ, Miller EK (1973) Integral equation solutions of three-dimensional scattering problems. In: R. Mittra (ed.) Computer Techniques for Electromagnetics, Chap.4. Pergamon PressGoogle Scholar
- 19.Intel Math Kernel Library Developer Reference (2015). https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/mkl-reference-manual