Varieties of BL-Algebras III: Splitting Algebras
- 43 Downloads
In this paper we investigate splitting algebras in varieties of logics, with special consideration for varieties of BL-algebras and similar structures. In the case of the variety of all BL-algebras a complete characterization of the splitting algebras is obtained.
KeywordsBL-algebras Substructural logics Splitting algebras
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
Franco Montagna passed away in February 2015 and this paper is the natural continuation of the investigations we carried out together in [5, 6]. Without the many hours spent together talking about these problems and the many conversations we had on the subject this paper could not have been written.
- 1.Agliano, P., Ternary deductive terms in residuated structures, Acta Sci. Math. (Szeged) 64:397–429, 1998.Google Scholar
- 12.Blok, W.J., and D. Pigozzi, Algebraizable Logics, No. 396 in Memoirs of the American Mathematical Society, American Mathematical Society, Providence, Rhode Island, 1989.Google Scholar
- 15.Burris, S., and H.P. Sankappanavar, A Course in Universal Algebra, Graduate Texts in Mathematics, Springer, Berlin, 1981. https://www.math.uwaterloo.ca/snburris/htdocs/UALG/univ-algebra2012.pdf.
- 16.Citkin, A., Characteristic Formulas 50 Years Later (An Algebraic Account), ArXiv e-prints, 2014. http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2014arXiv1407.5823C.
- 17.Di Nola, A., Representation and reticulation by quotients of MV-algebras, Ric. Mat. 40(2):291–297, 1991.Google Scholar
- 18.Galatos, N., Varieties of Residuated Lattices, Ph.D. thesis, Vanderbilt University, 2003. http://www.cs.du.edu/~ngalatos/research/diss.pdf.
- 19.Galatos, N., P. Jipsen, T. Kowalski, and H. Ono, Residuated Lattices: An Algebraic Glimpse at Substructural Logics, vol. 151 of Studies in Logics and the Foundations of Mathematics, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2007.Google Scholar
- 20.Galatos, N., J.S. Olson, and J.G. Raftery, Irreducible residuated semilattices and finitely based varieties, Rep. Math. Logic 43:85–108, 2008.Google Scholar
- 23.Hájek, P., Metamathematics of Fuzzy Logic, No. 4 in Trends in Logic—Studia Logica Library, Kluwer Academic Publ., Dordrecht/Boston/London, 1998.Google Scholar
- 24.Jankov, V.A., The construction of a sequence of strongly independent superintuitionistic propositional calculi, Dokl. Akad. Nauk SSSR 181:33–34, 1968.Google Scholar
- 25.Jankov, V.A., On an extension of the intuitionistic propositional calculus to the classical one and of the minimal one to the intuitionistic one, Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR Ser. Mat. 32:208–211, 1968.Google Scholar