Ammonium cyamelurates: synthesis and crystalline structures
Contradictory literature on the alkali-assisted exfoliation of the melon and searching for the best precursors for different heptazine derivative synthesis led us to the synthesis of two cyameluric acid salts, (NH4)2[C6N7O3H] (ECN3) and (NH4)2(H9O4)[C6N7O3] (ECN5). These salts were characterized by single-crystal X-ray diffractometry for the first time. Ammonium cations bind C6N7O3H2− anions (ECN3) by means of Coulombic compression and hydrogen bonds. In ECN5, stability of the columns consisting of C6N7O33− anion triads is provided by Coulombic compression and hydrogen bonds between anions, ammonium cations, and hydroxonium (H9O4+). The planar cyamelurate anions of one triad are located strictly above each other with the distance of 3.710(3) Å between the neighbor anions. Each triad is twisted relative to the adjacent one by an angle of 60° and is distant by 3.605(3) Å.
KeywordsMelon Ammonium cyamelurate Structure Hydrogen bonds
This work (XRD study) was supported in part by the M. V. Lomonosov Moscow State University Program of Development. The authors are grateful to V. V. Chernyshev for his kind assistance with the XRD experiment.
Compliance with ethical standards
We did not violate any ethical standards.
Conflict of interest
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
- 1.Chen DH (2017) SCRustainable water technologies. Boca Raton: Taylor & Francis, CRC PressGoogle Scholar
- 3.Deng Y, Tang L, Zeng G, Zhu Z, Yan M, Zhou Y, Wang J, Liu Y, Wang J (2017) Insight into highly efficient simultaneous photocatalytic removal of Cr(VI) and 2,4-diclorophenol under visible light irradiation by phosphorus doped porous ultrathin g-C3N4 nanosheets from aqueous media: performance and reaction mechanism. Appl Catal B Environ 203:343–354CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 24.Sankir M, Sankir ND (2017) Hydrogen production technologies (Advances in hydrogen production and storage (AHPS)), 1 edn. Wiley-Scrivener, p 656Google Scholar
- 33.Holst JR (2009) Synthesis of inorganic heptazine-based materials. PhD thesis, University of Iowa, http://ir.uiowa.edu/etd/242
- 35.Horvath-Bordon E, Kroke E, Svoboda I, Fueß H, Riedel R, Neeraj S, Cheetham AK (2004) Alkalicyamelurates, M3[C6N7O3]·xH2O, M = Li, Na, K, Rb, Cs: UV-luminescent and thermally very stable ionic tri-s-triazine derivatives. Dalton Trans (22):3900–3908Google Scholar
- 41.Alkorta I, Jagerovic N, Elguero J (2004) Theoretical study of cyameluric acid and related compounds. ARKIVOC 4:130–136Google Scholar
- 42.Zhang W, Zhang Q, Dong F, Zhao Z (2013) The multiple effects of precursors on the properties of polymeric carbon nitride. Int J Photoenergy 2013:685038Google Scholar
- 45.Brandenburg K (2000) DIAMOND, Release 2.1d. Crystal Impact GbR, BonnGoogle Scholar